hot screen sudden battery drain

jedidev

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
As the title suggests, my s4 has started getting very hot at the top of the screen and back of the handset. Its an intermittent thing. More frequent since last week when my network released the Kit Kat 4.4 update. I've tried a factory reset which worked for about 3 days. The most curious thing is the battery life, earlier on it got hot and I restarted the phone to see if it was software related and the battery was on around 30-40% after the reboot it was 19%. I've included a Screenshot of the Vertical battery drain at that point.

long story short is this a hardware fault or the updates fault? I'm lost...

S4 Battery drain.jpg

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As the title suggests, my s4 has started getting very hot at the top of the screen and back of the handset. Its an intermittent thing. More frequent since last week when my network released the Kit Kat 4.4 update. I've tried a factory reset which worked for about 3 days. The most curious thing is the battery life, earlier on it got hot and I restarted the phone to see if it was software related and the battery was on around 30-40% after the reboot it was 19%. I've included a Screenshot of the Vertical battery drain at that point.

long story short is this a hardware fault or the updates fault? I'm lost...

Welcome to the forums.
Your mobile signal went red about the same time as the battery drain. It might have been pulling every power resource it could to maintain the signal. Who is your carrier?