Verizon S4 SMS issue

carguy37757

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I couldn't find anything in search.

My wife and I have bone stock, non-rooted S4'son Verizon. Since the update all has been well except for SMS messaging randomly not working. I performed a factory reset with no help, tried installing another messaging client with no help, and using hangouts which I thought helped but must have been a fluke because it no longer works regularly either.

Anyone else having this issue or a solution?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I couldn't find anything in search.

My wife and I have bone stock, non-rooted S4'son Verizon. Since the update all has been well except for SMS messaging randomly not working. I performed a factory reset with no help, tried installing another messaging client with no help, and using hangouts which I thought helped but must have been a fluke because it no longer works regularly either.

Anyone else having this issue or a solution?

Can you be more specific as to what exactly is happening? "SMS messaging randomly not working" is very vague.
Are you not receving? Sending? Are you getting any errors? Do you have full bars? Are phone calls normal?
Please give a detailed run down of the issue.
Also, since your texts are part of the network just like phone calls, have you called Verizon, so far, unless you provide more info, it sounds like a
network issue with Verizon and you should call their tech

carguy37757

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Calls work fine. Messaging just doesn't seem to work at all, sending or receiving. Happens at various signal states. Affects texts and MMS messages alike.

I've not called Verizon yet as they rarely help as much as the knowledge base here and on other sites.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Calls work fine. Messaging just doesn't seem to work at all, sending or receiving. Happens at various signal states. Affects texts and MMS messages alike.

I've not called Verizon yet as they rarely help as much as the knowledge base here and on other sites.

As helpful as this site may be...Unfortunately it's sounding like it is a Verizon side issue. If the phone was unlocked then I would suggest checking your APN settings for Texts and MMS. But since it's non rooted, from Verizon I can't see that being the case. I hate to say it but I think you need to call the, as it's sounds like their problem.
Please let us know what the outcome is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair