Post 4.4.2 Galaxy S4 issues

droidpulse

May 15, 2014
Visit site
So I was holding back on updating to 4.4 for a while now and finally did it yesterday. Once installed, I started noticing problems immediately. Screen not unlocking(taking 45 seconds after pressing the button), lag and severe overheating. I read on another thread that uninstalling the Device cleaner, antivirus and battery saver apps was the remedy, which I did and it worked. After waking up this morning, the device is near to unusable. The wifi won't connect at all, overheating again and the screen just will not *lock. I can open the the power off menu by holding down the lock button, but the screen just doesn't go off. I changed the time required for inactivity for it to shut off itself to 15 seconds, left it idle, yet it still didn't turn off. I'm getting REALLY frustrated guys.

*Not rooted
*Framework damaged, warranty voided :(

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
go to recovery and clear cache then data
If it didn't help then update your phone with kies 3
Press THANK YOU and LIKE button if you gets the answer

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Go to app manager and go to play services, clear up cache.

Change lockscreen to display name instead of clock and change it back to to display clock again.

In developers options, enable GPU rendering in 2D apps.

My Exynos Galaxy S4 got much better and faster than 4.2 and 4.3.....

After seeing so many complains here, Samsung really did bad update to snapdragon variants.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app

ndira

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
My battery is running out very fast with Kit Kat and it can just go blank, when I wake it up, it won't light fir about 30 seconds to a minute.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke