Frozen keyboard on Galaxy S4

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
When I open the twitter app and use the keyboard to type in a search, the keyboard stays frozen on the screen and also freezes the phone. When I hit the power/home key it takes quite a bit of time for the phone to respond to my prompt. Even when it does go to the home screen the keyboard is still frozen on the screen. Then when the screen blacks out and I hit the power/home key again it takes a good 10-20 seconds for the phone to wake up, and then after this whole process takes place I am able to use twitter with no problem. This problem only came about after this sh!t kat update. Any advice as to what may help this issue?!

Sent from my Galaxy s4

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Frozen keyboard

Also, most of the time when I open my Internet browser and start to type in the search bar, my phone double inputs my letters. Really Pisses me off, lol

Sent from my Galaxy s4

ssheilah

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Frozen keyboard

My husband has had this exact same problem with the keyboard freezing in place when searching in the Twitter app, also since the upgrade. It doesn't happen in any other app he uses. We've cleared cache/reinstalled Twitter, cleared cache on the keyboard, etc but nothing resolves the issue. He has discovered if he just taps a key on the unresponsive keyboard and then waits about 30 seconds, it will finally clear itself. Anyone with a better solution?

bluecrewgirl

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I have had the exact same problem with the keyboard freezing during a Twitter Search since the software upgrade. I have reinstalled Twitter, cleared the cache on both the keyboard and twitter and tried other things as well. Nothing has worked. Hopefully they will find a fix soon. Seems like the updates always cause more problems that they solve.

Katie Paul

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
This has been happening to be as well after the update and it is so annoying! I shouldn't have to download an additional keyboard. Get it together Android!

NomusaMagic

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Never had this frozen keyboard Twitter problem on my cell - Galaxy S3 (even after KitKat) but began happening recently on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (like other problems ... had to send back month #4 for battery, gone > 2 weeks) ... Makes me wonder if I should've upgraded my iPad3 instead of the Samsung tab. Same $ in April 2014 at Best Buy ($399)

bbmtna

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I came here in search of this exact same problem, I'm using a galaxy tab pro.
I'm not interested in changing out my keyboard to fix this.
I'd be willing to swap twitter clients first.

Posted via Android Central App

lemartymar13

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ive got the same problem. Now its worse with the recent update a couple days ago. The Time line wont update. And still has the keyboard freezing. I dont have this problem on my Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, but thats running android 4.2.2

My Twitter version is 5.23.0 its pretty much unusable now.

Posted via Android Central App

Derek Bloch

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
When I open the twitter app and use the keyboard to type in a search, the keyboard stays frozen on the screen and also freezes the phone. When I hit the power/home key it takes quite a bit of time for the phone to respond to my prompt. Even when it does go to the home screen the keyboard is still frozen on the screen. Then when the screen blacks out and I hit the power/home key again it takes a good 10-20 seconds for the phone to wake up, and then after this whole process takes place I am able to use twitter with no problem. This problem only came about after this sh!t kat update. Any advice as to what may help this issue?!

Sent from my Galaxy s4

Yup five months later still the same issue on my Galaxy S4. I guess Samsung and Twitter just decided to ignore this issue since I got an update not 7 days ago and it was not addressed. How annoying.

Rosemary Caruso

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem as everyone else. Very hard to use tweeter because it locks up, keyboard freezes and so does the phone. I try to restart my phone and that too locks up. Hope this problem is fixed soon please, and glad to know i'm not the only one. thank you

tom61101

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Exact same problem here...Twitter is unusable, so frustrating for phones to still be locking up in this day and age...

Posted via the Android Central App