dead phone data recovery

mjdotts

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Have a 5 month old verizon GS4. Today it was working fine, but battery was very low. At 1% remaining, phone shut off and was plugged into wall charger. 1 hour later, phone was VERY warm, but lights on front were on and screen battery with green sliver of life remaining. Wife unplugged and tried to turn on, would not power up. When plugged back in, nothing. No lights, no screen images, just dead. Tried all the tricks with vzw and Samsung reps, no luck. They are willing to replace it no charge, however there are very important photos on the internal memory that I need. Samsung says can't be done. Is anyone aware of a way to gets these pics. I'll sacrifice the phone if need be with a data recovery service j just need the picd. Thanks.

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Have a 5 month old verizon GS4. Today it was working fine, but battery was very low. At 1% remaining, phone shut off and was plugged into wall charger. 1 hour later, phone was VERY warm, but lights on front were on and screen battery with green sliver of life remaining. Wife unplugged and tried to turn on, would not power up. When plugged back in, nothing. No lights, no screen images, just dead. Tried all the tricks with vzw and Samsung reps, no luck. They are willing to replace it no charge, however there are very important photos on the internal memory that I need. Samsung says can't be done. Is anyone aware of a way to gets these pics. I'll sacrifice the phone if need be with a data recovery service j just need the picd. Thanks.

if the phone aint turning on then a think you might be out of luck :/ i have hurd some people have got there phone up and running again but this is a 30-50 chance you might be able to get them back but not to sure :/ have you tried connecting it to your pc and kies?

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
What is kies and how does it work?

kies is samsung desktop you can try and recover your phone from there i could help you if you like

here you can get KIES 3 this is for our devices with with 4.3 and over once you download this let me know and ill be happy to help :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Try replacing the battery. It's a long shot fix, but may work. If it does, then you get photos back at a small cost. Otherwise, you'll need to just send back and have the device replaced.

In the future, try keeping photos backed up by automatically syncing to an online service (Dropbox, Drive, etc). I've learned the hard way as well, and having photos automatically sync makes it convenient.

mjdotts

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Are there any companies that can recover from smartphone memory like you can from memor cards or hard drives? Can the memory chip portion be removed from the motherboard and placed on a working motherboard? There has to be a way to access these photo.

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Are there any companies that can recover from smartphone memory like you can from memor cards or hard drives? Can the memory chip portion be removed from the motherboard and placed on a working motherboard? There has to be a way to access these photo.

nope :/ you cold try the kies soloution or what magnus said there the only choices am afraid :/

mjdotts

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I installed kies3, but not sure what to do from there. Since it won't power up, is there anything it can do? Am I missing a function?

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I installed kies3, but not sure what to do from there. Since it won't power up, is there anything it can do? Am I missing a function?

no right on on your phone take the battery out and look for model number and S/R then go to kies 3 open tools then tools then firmware upgrade and initialisation right all the info in there in CAPITALS then go threw the prompts if u need more assistance ill be happy to help :)

mjdotts

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Well, I tried the kies3 option but it tells me that model SCH-I545 cannot be initialized. Unless I did something wrong, I'm afraid I may be at the end of my options. I have an open case with datatech labs, so if that doesn't work, then I've learned a very important lesson. Thanks for your help. Let me know if there are any other ideas for me.

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Well, I tried the kies3 option but it tells me that model SCH-I545 cannot be initialized. Unless I did something wrong, I'm afraid I may be at the end of my options. I have an open case with datatech labs, so if that doesn't work, then I've learned a very important lesson. Thanks for your help. Let me know if there are any other ideas for me.

silly me lol do what this says take out the battery first when you do it and read this :)
How to Fix "Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue" Error on Kies - Android Central

let me know if it works

mjdotts

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Tried again. Your original instructions were actually exactly like those in the link, but it still keeps telling me that model SCH-I545 is not eligible for initialization. I wonder if Verizon locks it out. It is a Verizon specific model number. Odin also requires phone to at least power on. Mine is dead to the world. One last option I guess. Thanks again.

Alysia1988

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
My phone was working just fine, had about 20% battery, and then just stopped working. I've tried another battery from someone else's phone and still nothing. I have been working on backing up my phone (manually because I didn't know about all these wonderful options that are quicker) but I still have so much on there. I got to this point on the Kies and after I put in my phone's information I get a popup saying "The device can be initialized to its original settings. All settings and data will be deleted, and the latest software version will be installed. Do you want to continue?" I don't want to delete! I want to be able to get the information from the dead phone. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Gazelle326

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I having the same exact problem. Can ANYONE please help me??? I am trying to get my photos off my Samsung Galaxy s4 but it's completely dead & won't turn on (after it was overheating). Tried different batteries. Still wouldn't turn on. Can't hold a charge. Can't connect to a computer via USB cable. Went to Sprint store & they said it was beyond their scope of knowledge & that I might need to take it to a specialized cell phone place. I live in Baltimore, Maryland... can anyone please give me a couple of reliable places that I can take my phone that won't cost me too much money? I need my pictures from a trip I took... usually my photos automatically get backed up to cloud whenever I take a pic, but I had no data connection in Europe since I was out of the US & so nothing got backed up to the cloud. All the pictures are on the INTERNAL storage...there is no sD card or anything. PLEASE HELP!!!! I haven't activated a new phone for over 1 month now because I'm afraid if I deactivate my dead phone, my pics will be lost permanently. So I don't even have a working cell phone to make/receive calls for a little over 1 month now. I'm desperate for any & all help!!! These pics mean a lot to me & have all of my memories of my trip to Europe. Thanks guys!

Afitu Carter

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Please can anyone help me, my phone is dead but I do have very important photos that I don't want to loose.Is there anyways that I can recover those pictures please.

Matthew Jackson6

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
everything u described sounds like battery failuer. just replace the battery and chances are the phone works again all together. i know its too late but still may help someone later on. always amazon a cheap battery first off. Hope you got em off.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer