4.3 update messed up my Galaxy S4

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I never updated my phone since I got last August and a few days back while trying to click my Whatsapp icon the thing popped up and caught me!

The problems I'm facing:

- Old reminders keep popping up after 12.
- Can't change ringtone. Ringtone under Sound is set to what I want but when someone calls it just plays the default song.
- Sometimes I can unlock my phone typically when the battery is really low. I'd have to restart it.
- Battery drains very fast now.
- Google Play music playlists all wiped out! My playlist names are there but there are no songs in each playlist.

Why you gotta do me like this Samsung. Should I just update to whatever is the latest update?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I never updated my phone since I got last August and a few days back while trying to click my Whatsapp icon the thing popped up and caught me!

The problems I'm facing:

- Old reminders keep popping up after 12.
- Can't change ringtone. Ringtone under Sound is set to what I want but when someone calls it just plays the default song.
- Sometimes I can unlock my phone typically when the battery is really low. I'd have to restart it.
- Battery drains very fast now.
- Google Play music playlists all wiped out! My playlist names are there but there are no songs in each playlist.

Why you gotta do me like this Samsung. Should I just update to whatever is the latest update?

I would suggest a cache clear in recovery. See if that will help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
Follow instructions for the S3.

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I think I've narrowed down the battery problem. It was the same problem I had awhile back, Google Play Services. When I had the problem previously, I think I just forced stopped it and it worked. Now, even after force stop it's still active. I'm not sure what happens if I click uninstall updates or disable. Any advice?

Have you tried doing a factory reset already?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Isn't factory reset like formatting? I don't want to do that.

luv2bnwv

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded the new update and I have had nothing but issues with my phone since then. I have been on the phone with customer service numerous times, which they told me they would overnight a phone (which I never got). When I called back in to ask where my phone was, they said that it was still in processing. After 2 more weeks I stopped into a Verizon store where they told me that the update messed up alot of Android phones causing them to not get wifi and pretty much needed to wait until Google came up with an update to correct the issue. They gave me an option to get another phone overnighted to me or I could update my current cell phone (I said so they are basically pushing me into an updated phone) from my Galaxy S4. I asked him what good it was going to do if they sent me another Galaxy S4 (if all Android systems were affected), he basically said he didn't know. Needless to say I had another phone sent to me overnight (which I did recieve today), going to see how this one works out for me. Very frustrated!!!!!!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX