Samsung GS4 Problems

shellay

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I recently got my GS4 from a relative of mine. It was brand new as it was a replacement phone because their other one had stuffed up. I've been having very bad battery problems since the day I got it, it's only lasting 4-5 hours on power saving mode. I researched on Google and saw that there had been other problems with users around the world. At this time I was up to my second replacement so I purchased a genuine Samsung battery and it still didn't hold it's charge so right now I'm still on my second replacement and my third battery and I still don't know what's wrong. I charged it correctly every time and I don't know what's happened. Should I just sell it and cut my losses or is there a way I can fix this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I recently got my GS4 from a relative of mine. It was brand new as it was a replacement phone because their other one had stuffed up. I've been having very bad battery problems since the day I got it, it's only lasting 4-5 hours on power saving mode. I researched on Google and saw that there had been other problems with users around the world. At this time I was up to my second replacement so I purchased a genuine Samsung battery and it still didn't hold it's charge so right now I'm still on my second replacement and my third battery and I still don't know what's wrong. I charged it correctly every time and I don't know what's happened. Should I just sell it and cut my losses or is there a way I can fix this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Please take a screen shot of your battery usage so that we can see it. Otherwise it's impossible to tell you anything.

shellay

May 25, 2014
Visit site
This is just today, I hardly used it. I just listened to music for 30 minutes, played a game for five minutes, went on the internet for like 10 minutes and watched a 3 minute video. I have no idea how I killed 70% while hardly doing anything.

Attachments

• 1401089780525.jpg
    1401089780525.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 17

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
This is just today, I hardly used it. I just listened to music for 30 minutes, played a game for five minutes, went on the internet for like 10 minutes and watched a 3 minute video. I have no idea how I killed 70% while hardly doing anything.

Well there you go! It's your screen.
So, first of all make sure you aren't using any of that Active Background CRAP. If you don't care what your background is make it one colour and dark. I use pure black. It takes less battery to show a dark solid colour. Send what is your screen time out set to? I have mine at 30 seconds, if you have yours set to something like 1 or more minutes, that's why you are using so much batter. Also when you listen to music is your screen going off or is it on the entire time?
Either way it's your screen being on so much that's causing your drain