Why do two S4's have different software versions?

majdi suliman

May 24, 2014
Visit site
They are both bought from the same place and are both i9505.... why does the other one have 4.4 while mine has this....
When I check software update it says you are allready updated

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• IMG-20140526-WA0027.jpg
    IMG-20140526-WA0027.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 25

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not all Galaxies are created equal...even if bought from the same place (especially if not an official retailer). Maybe your phone was purchased before the update and the other one after? The only way to know for sure if both devices are the same version is by checking each phone's CSC (which will also give you the 'region' to which it belongs to). You can do that by going into the dialer and press "*#1234#". The third line is the CSC. If these codes are different in both phones, then they didn't come out from the same factory and were not meant for the same region.

The KitKat update is being rolled out S L O W L Y into different regions, so it may be that the white phone's region already got the update and yours didn't (I know that happened with mine until last week, when it finally hit my phone).

- - - Updated - - -

Not all Galaxies are created equal...even if bought from the same place (especially if not an official retailer). Maybe your phone was purchased before the update and the other one after? The only way to know for sure if both devices are the same version is by checking each phone's CSC (which will also give you the 'region' to which it belongs to). You can do that by going into the dialer and press "*#1234#". The third line is the CSC. If these codes are different in both phones, then they didn't come out from the same factory and were not meant for the same region.

The KitKat update is being rolled out S L O W L Y into different regions, so it may be that the white phone's region already got the update and yours didn't (I know that happened with mine until last week, when it finally hit my phone).

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Updates are sent OTA in batches. Not all devices receive the update at the same time, and often times, an update will last several weeks. If possible, try connecting the device to Kies/PC and try updating there. Hopefully you can get updated soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca