Installed 32GB SD card, It's not being used

WaqasTech

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone on this great useful forum. My name is Waqas.

I am having some issues with my storage management. I want to download a few more Apps that don't really require a lot of space. However, just when It's about to download, it says "insufficient Space" but I should have enough to download those, it should go right time my micro SD card. I don't even know how much and What things I need to delete from my phone.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone on this great useful forum. My name is Waqas.

I am having some issues with my storage management. I want to download a few more Apps that don't really require a lot of space. However, just when It's about to download, it says "insufficient Space" but I should have enough to download those, it should go right time my micro SD card. I don't even know how much and What things I need to delete from my phone.

Thanks

If you don't have room on your phone and you are saying the apps you are trying to install are small you MUST have a LOT of crap installed on that phone. Maybe a lot of bloat ware from your provider. You should be able to move a lot of already installed apps to the SD card. Once you have done that you should have the necessary room to install what you like.

Here's how to easily and safety transfer files from the internal storage of your Samsung Galaxy S4 handset to a micro SD card.

- Access your Settings by pressing the Menu button at the bottom left of your device or by accessing the dropdown Notification bar.

- Once in Settings, access the More tab to your right.

- Access the Storage option and observe how much available space there is on the device. If you have a lot of space available you may not need to transfer any apps at this time, but if you have a just a little space available, proceed with your micro SD transfer.

- Tap the Back button at the bottom right of your device to return to the previous screen and then access the Application manager option.

- Sort your apps by size by tapping the Menu button then selecting Sort by Size. This will order your apps from largest to smallest file. You probably will want to move some of the largest apps on your device to your micro SD card.

- Select an app that you would like to transfer to your micro SD card and observe whether you will be able to move the app. If the Android operating system does not allow micro SD transfer of an app, the Move to SD card button will be grayed out. If an app is transferable, the button will be bright.

- Tap Move to SD card button and wait for the transfer to complete.

- Move as many apps as you can to your Micro SD card.

WaqasTech

May 27, 2014
Visit site
OK. I tried to move some apps to the sd card, However, in application manager it doesn't give me the option to move to the App. After I click on the App I want to move, it only has force stop, uninstall, and clear data, clear cache. ?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
OK. I tried to move some apps to the sd card, However, in application manager it doesn't give me the option to move to the App. After I click on the App I want to move, it only has force stop, uninstall, and clear data, clear cache. ?

Not all apps can by moved to the SD Card. You may have to go through a few before you find one that is able to move.

WaqasTech

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I tried and I am unable to move any of the apps, that I have installed. I am currently running version 4.2.2

I checked out that link, but I am confessed of What to do, and how to make things work.

WaqasTech

May 27, 2014
Visit site
My two options are either to update the software or root my phone. However, I checked to update my software and it says I currently up to date. So rooted my phone is dangerous, so I want to avoid that. I am currently running version 4.2.2

I have enough space to install apparently but it doesn't allow me. It says insufficient storage available. How can I downgrade my phone.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My two options are either to update the software or root my phone. However, I checked to update my software and it says I currently up to date. So rooted my phone is dangerous, so I want to avoid that. I am currently running version 4.2.2

I have enough space to install apparently but it doesn't allow me. It says insufficient storage available. How can I downgrade my phone.

Is your SD card not even REGISTERING PERIOD in your phone or is it there and usable just not able to put apps on???

WaqasTech

May 27, 2014
Visit site
the SD card registers However, it I am unable to move any apps onto it. But It's registered I have 29.71GB free

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I believe this has to do with the Android 4.2.2 software update where it does not allow the SD card to 'talk' to third party apps. Unfortunately there is no official way to downgrade your phone. If you don't wish to root your phone try and get a replacement from your provider which isn't running 4.2.2

Posted via Android Central App

mykl376

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this will help you, but I had a similar issue. I was trying to update The Simpsons: Tapped Out, and was told I had insufficient space. The total size that was listed for the game was about 800mb, and I had just over 1GB free on my S4. I had no SD card inserted, due to a recent failure of the card, separate issue. Anyway, I started removing apps, and once I got to about 1.6GB of free storage space, I was able to update the game. It's as if it needed twice the actual size of the app free to start the download.

So my suggestion, since nothing else has seemed to work, is to remove some apps or data that can be easily re-downloaded, until you have twice the size of the app you're attempting to download/upgrade.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance