S4 hangs.

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
My wife's phone just recently has started to hang. For example, she'll bring up the messaging app and then it just hangs. The back button won't take you back to the previous page as it's supposed to.

I did a factory reset on the phone thinking that an app might be causing the issue, however, that didn't have any effect. My wife doesn't have any special apps running, and especially now that I did a factory reset, so I don't think that an app is causing it.

Any thoughts on what could be causing her phone to hang?

Thanks.
Daryl

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife's phone just recently has started to hang. For example, she'll bring up the messaging app and then it just hangs. The back button won't take you back to the previous page as it's supposed to.

I did a factory reset on the phone thinking that an app might be causing the issue, however, that didn't have any effect. My wife doesn't have any special apps running, and especially now that I did a factory reset, so I don't think that an app is causing it.

Any thoughts on what could be causing her phone to hang?

Thanks.
Daryl

My brother's GS4 was doing the same recently, the culprit was that he had used all the internal memory.
I transferred all his pictures, music and videos into a SD card and then I did a factory reset to the phone and that solved his problem.

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
My brother's GS4 was doing the same recently, the culprit was that he had used all the internal memory.
I transferred all his pictures, music and videos into a SD card and then I did a factory reset to the phone and that solved his problem.

I had also tried that. She has a ton of pictures on her phone and I thought that might be the issue. I transferred them all off, did a factory reset, added an SD card and transferred her pictures to it. Still, hangs.

Thanks.

Daryl

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I was just thinking about doing that. Perhaps there are just to many pictures on the card for the phone to deal with.

Daryl

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I was just thinking about doing that. Perhaps there are just to many pictures on the card for the phone to deal with.

Daryl

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Daryl, maybe try to have her use Hangouts instead of the stock messaging app for SMS. Hangouts is a lot faster and easier to use for me on my s4,

Posted via My Ever-Bloated S4

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Daryl, maybe try to have her use Hangouts instead of the stock messaging app for SMS. Hangouts is a lot faster and easier to use for me on my s4,

Posted via My Ever-Bloated S4

The messaging app was just an example of the issue. The phone hanging occurs no matter what app she's using.

Thanks

Daryl

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I finally had chance to provide an update to this posting.

My wife had about 6GB of photos and videos on her phone. I took them all off, and the phone returned to normal. I added an 8GB SD card and put back only her most resent photo's and video's. I don't remember how many photos there were, but she had about 2 GB of video's. The phone started hanging again, so this time I just removed the video's. The phone returned to normal.

I guess the phone can't handle that much video.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Daryl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12