[HELP] My S4 charges very slowly, battery or charger problem?

Jasonlwe

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
It could be the fact that you aren't using the original charger that came with it. The original charger works with Qualcomm quick charge, and when I charge my phone with any other charger, you can definetly see the difference. Hope this helped.

Posted via My Ever-Bloated S4

I doubt that it is the charger's problem since the charging rate is also very slow with my power bank.

Jasonlwe

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Something else to test is to let it monitor when not charging and see what battery consumption is.

Your charging rate seems odd.

Also I would clean the charging contacts. Use a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

So basically, I went over to a dealer and tried a brand new charger and cable. The data is shown in the attachment. @dpham00, what do you think?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1402717689352.jpg
    1402717689352.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 11

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So basically, I went over to a dealer and tried a brand new charger and cable. The data is shown in the attachment. @dpham00, what do you think?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app

The s4 comes with a 2 amp charger stock, assuming genuine Samsung . But regardless, the charging rate is going so over the map. If I had to guess, I would think something is wrong with the charging port.

Have you tried to clean it yet?
Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Jasonlwe

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
The s4 comes with a 2 amp charger stock, assuming genuine Samsung . But regardless, the charging rate is going so over the map. If I had to guess, I would think something is wrong with the charging port.

Have you tried to clean it yet?
Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

I've cleaned the battery contacts but not the port yet. How do you clean the port ? @@

Btw, when it was charged using the charger at the locator. The mode was USB charging ( might be because of not plugging it correctly? )

I think if the plug was plugged in the amp would be higher. Don't you think so ?

Jasonlwe

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Guys, the problem is solved. It was definitely the cable's problem. I went to the dealer again to try it out and turn's out that the first time i was trying the new cable, it wasn't plugged in correctly which turned into USB charging. Thanks everyone. :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Guys, the problem is solved. It was definitely the cable's problem. I went to the dealer again to try it out and turn's out that the first time i was trying the new cable, it wasn't plugged in correctly which turned into USB charging. Thanks everyone. :)

Glad you got it resolved

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Jeriann2001

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Just saw your post in "Trending" which caught my eye as I have been working on the same problem since yesterday even bought and tried 3 different chargers. I have also searched and found this is common. Now I'm wondering if an update caused this.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I know with mine if the cable cord is very long it takes a lot longer for me to charge. I have a dock stand I use for charging and it charges so much faster.

Posted via Android Central App

Melba Leary

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
All I had to do is remove the battery while powered on, leave off for about minute or so and now I no longer have slow charging issue. Works perfectly now. Prior to doing that make sure there are no apps running in background since that alone can sometimes cause the issue as well.

bill gardner

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
hi. I was viewing this thread and I have a question about the battery widget. If you set it up to run every minute, won't that consume more battery power?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781