s4 battery help..

majdi suliman

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I can only use my phone for 5 - 6 hours...
The most things that use my battery are android os and android kernal..
On my moms phone (exactly the same as mine) android kernal doesnt take more than 6%
But on my phone it takes more than 17%....
Like WTF?

Posted via Android Central App

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Are you using many apps that use location services? Look for those apps. If can set location services to saving power mode.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Everything is turned off but wifi and sound..

Alex wasn't talking about stock preferences being turned off. Apps you use or have grabbed from the Play Store can run in the background, if the Android Kernel is using that much, I am guessing you have some apps running in the background using all that battery, probably accessing your location via GPS. What 3rd party apps do you have installed on your phone?

majdi suliman

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Alex wasn't talking about stock preferences being turned off. Apps you use or have grabbed from the Play Store can run in the background, if the Android Kernel is using that much, I am guessing you have some apps running in the background using all that battery, probably accessing your location via GPS. What 3rd party apps do you have installed on your phone?

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes that kind of apps prevent the phone going into deep sleep mode triggering lots of wake locks because of their monitoring features, I'm not saying this is the case but I personally don't trust anymore on that kind of apps, name it cleaners or battery monitoring /savers. Anyway your phone have a nice battery stats inside your settings menu.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

majdi suliman

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Guys.. my phone uses 1% every 3 or 4 minutes while am doing nothing but using Facebook messenger....
What's also weird is..
M when watching a movie on samsung video hub
The battery becomes awesome...
Like 1% every 7 minutes or so...

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
if you don't care about the phone being thick pick up Anker battery for your samsung s4 7800mah It last like literally 2 1/2 days for me before i charge it! it's amazing :)

I can only use my phone for 5 - 6 hours...
The most things that use my battery are android os and android kernal..
On my moms phone (exactly the same as mine) android kernal doesnt take more than 6%
But on my phone it takes more than 17%....
Like WTF?

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
if you don't care about the phone being thick pick up Anker battery for your samsung s4 7800mah It last like literally 2 1/2 days for me before i charge it! it's amazing :)

There is obviously an issue if his battery life is that poor. Your suggestion is just masking the issue, rather than finding a perm fix for it.

majdi suliman

May 24, 2014
Visit site
There is obviously an issue if his battery life is that poor. Your suggestion is just masking the issue, rather than finding a perm fix for it.
what should i do?

can you tell me whats the normal battery usage of the s4?
when its not being used?
when its being used for 3rd party apps texting for example?

majdi suliman

May 24, 2014
Visit site
like, if i charged my phone to 100%
and cought it and kept the screen on doing normal stuff
and last for more than 5.5 hours.
is that bad ? or is it the normal for this phone?

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
No, it is not normal. Normal battery duration for this phone depending on usage an other factors may be between 10 to 16 hours maybe more. Your last resort may be a factory reset or looking if your battery is defective.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

majdi suliman

May 24, 2014
Visit site
No, it is not normal. Normal battery duration for this phone depending on usage an other factors may be between 10 to 16 hours maybe more. Your last resort may be a factory reset or looking if your battery is defective.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

so my galaxy s4 should be able to take more than 5 hours screen time? yes?

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Screen time? Well that could be a different story. I never accounted 5 hours screen time in one run or don't remember something like that, perhaps someone with more experience could tell that. Summarizing I guess I never left my phone with the screen on for that time.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
so my galaxy s4 should be able to take more than 5 hours screen time? yes?

If your screen is on for a STEADY 5 hours, without timing out and turning off, then Yes of course your battery life is going to be crappy. It's just expected. Sounds like you have no issues except you use your phone a lot and for long duration. If that is the case, then I agree with the poster above, to get yourself a larger battery, yes it will make your phone thicker, but it will double your battery life

majdi suliman

May 24, 2014
Visit site
If your screen is on for a STEADY 5 hours, without timing out and turning off, then Yes of course your battery life is going to be crappy. It's just expected. Sounds like you have no issues except you use your phone a lot and for long duration. If that is the case, then I agree with the poster above, to get yourself a larger battery, yes it will make your phone thicker, but it will double your battery life

Yea I just checked with other people and relized that my battery taking 5 to 6 hours on screen time is pretty awesome xD