S4 lagging horribly

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
It's running Nova Prime and the lag is terrible. It was blisteringly quick, now it can barely keep up. Typing? lag. Google Chrome, lag. Screen transition, lag. Google Now is also horribly slow (problem existed before Nova) and takes a long time to open an app

Loading back into Touchwiz is no better, it's just as slow if not worse.

I'm only getting 50% battery life now as well, although that it probably down to the notifications app that reports every time Google Now refreshes

Getting repeated crashing and rebooting as well

Last edited:

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
It's running Nova Prime and the lag is terrible. It was blisteringly quick, now it can barely keep up. Typing? lag. Google Chrome, lag. Screen transition, lag. Google Now is also horribly slow (problem existed before Nova) and takes a long time to open an app

Loading back into Touchwiz is no better, it's just as slow if not worse.

I'm only getting 50% battery life now as well, although that it probably down to the notifications app that reports every time Google Now refreshes

Getting repeated crashing and rebooting as well

Have you tried a soft or hard reset?

Posted via Android Central App

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Everything's lagging now. It will probably crash in the next hour

Closed every open app and it's running quick again. Is it possible that with Nova and the additional apps I downloaded to tweak I can't leave as much open and that's what's crashing it?

Last edited:

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Your scenario seems terrible by your description. Perhaps the hard reset is the answer as suggested in the above post. I mean by hard reset to do a factory reset (backup your data first) but first try the soft reset, by turning off completely your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
How do I do the factory reset and backup? Kies doesn't work

In settings "Accounts" scroll down to "Backup and reset" is the easiest but do not tick Automatic restore as that will likely end up the same as what you now have. Restore your downloaded apps one by one to see where the lagg originate from. NOTE you will lose settings and data on the phone. Any purchased apps will still be avialable

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking it's one of the recent apps. I was fine before finishing all the Nova tweaks. Although the occasional music skip is not new

RAM usage also hits 1.4 GB and processor as high as 90%. Yesterday my battery was back to normal and today RAM is only 1.2GB usage

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae