Why is it charging funny

Katsol

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I see questions like these being asked here and there relating to this but not exactly like mine.
Basically the past week my S4 was charging fine and then i noticed while plugged in, it would charge very very slowly and even loose some power. My boyfriends charger as well you have to wiggle it to charge. (this is the stock charger)
Right now i'm using my moms LG charger and it's charging like it used to, nice and fast, i used an old blackberry charger and it charged perfectly as well.
Should i buy a new S4 charger? the blackberry one never failed me (except i lost it...) would it be ok for my phone if i got the blackberry one?

Thank you!:D

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
you should be fine, using most Micro USB charger, I use my BlackBerry one for my Q as well as all my Android phones.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
It was likely an issue with the charger. I find that my phone charges faster in the car than with the stock OEM charger (Weird...)
As far as the Blackberry Charger goes, it won't be a bad idea, but it's always best to use the original charger as it has the correct voltage for your phone.

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry chargers are premium and mostly car chargers, the one I use for my S4.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

jamespark7

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I see questions like these being asked here and there relating to this but not exactly like mine.
Basically the past week my S4 was charging fine and then i noticed while plugged in, it would charge very very slowly and even loose some power. My boyfriends charger as well you have to wiggle it to charge. (this is the stock charger)
Right now i'm using my moms LG charger and it's charging like it used to, nice and fast, i used an old blackberry charger and it charged perfectly as well.
Should i buy a new S4 charger? the blackberry one never failed me (except i lost it...) would it be ok for my phone if i got the blackberry one?

Thank you!:D

You could buy a new S4 charger and it should work fine cause it's NEW, but if you doubt it, then I suggest buying the blackberry charger if it worked fine for you. I don't think it matters weather or not you use the correct charger as long as they charge correctly.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You could buy a new S4 charger and it should work fine cause it's NEW, but if you doubt it, then I suggest buying the blackberry charger if it worked fine for you. I don't think it matters weather or not you use the correct charger as long as they charge correctly.

Although it is recommended that you use a cable rated for the correct amperage on your phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

rabornmd

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
My Note 3 just started giving me the message "To charge faster, use the original charger" I am using the original and a reset did not help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante