not able to connect to mobile network

galfalf

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Dear friends,

I recently got a new samsung galaxy s4 from abroad but I can't seem to get it to connect to any UK mobile network! the device is supposed to be unlocked to all networks but I have tried to get signal from vodaphone and 3 unsuccessfully! in settings>connect>more>mobile networks>network mode I can't select anything other than GSM only, I suspect that has something to do with the problem; if I try to select auto mode it does not let me to switch it; the phone model is i9500

I would very much appreciate some advice on how to solve the problem!

Thanks and best wishes

galfalf

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
The device won't be unlocked by default.However to get ur device working in that region :
1) Go to samsung service centre and get ur device unlocked.
OR
2) Flash the CSC file for that region or I would say flash the complete firmware available for that region.

International varient doesn't mean that the device will work on every carrier available internationally.It only means that the device with these specific features is available internationally, however the firmware installed in them are different...
According to my knowledge devices produced after July 2013 have sim restrictions so it wont work internationally...

Last edited:

galfalf

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
thank you very much for your reply! :)

I will try to flash the firmware and see if that would make any difference;

would anybody be kind to recommend any particular good firmware for UK and perhaps a link with instructions on how to do it safely :)