08-08-2018 04:15 PM
105 1234 ...
tools
    thanx, it actually worked....... but will still take the phone into Samsung when i am in that vacinity again....
    01-12-2015 05:06 AM
    Works Sure as ****.
    01-12-2015 05:17 PM
    My Galaxy S4 has the same problem! Unfortunately, your quick solution doesn't work for me. It turns out that my power button is shorting out causing it to turn and off by itself. Here's the link on how to check if the button is bad using a voltmeter and how to fix it permanently.
    youtube. com/watch?v=2l_6fwzuIwA
    01-14-2015 11:24 AM
    Thanks dude, this solution really worked. No need to even open the phone and all....
    01-19-2015 11:52 AM
    dude i just wanted to say thanks for the great answer! i created this account just to thank you, i was tripping my phone just randomly did this crap and i was dead in the water had no idea what to do. its amazing what you can just take 5 mins to look up and find on the internet. thanks dude
    01-20-2015 11:24 PM
    Thank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank youthank you thank you thank you
    01-29-2015 03:12 PM
    Yeah man I did try that but it still didnt work I just do not know what else to do because I have some important photos in there and I do not want to quit now!
    01-30-2015 12:20 AM
    Mine did that and after taking it apart I found that the connector for the power button was loose, pushed it back on and it works fine
    01-30-2015 01:51 PM
    Oh. My. Gawd. I was gonna killa ***** at 230 in the morning cause i had no alarm and couldnt get the phone to work. Tried everything. Couldnt cal support cause, well, no phone, derr. Youre a damn lifesaver. Thanks holmes
    02-02-2015 04:53 AM
    I found the solution to the problem. You guys will have to open the phone and clean out the power switch. The problem is that the power switch its stuck or pushed down permanently, this was a known issue in the S3 guess they never fixed it in S4. It took me 10 mines to take it apart and clean it and now the phone works perfect!
    Would you please enlighten me on the specifics as I am stupid.
    02-02-2015 08:30 PM
    Hi guys! I'm from Brazil and my wife had the same issue with her S4. I did the steps for the power button to be unstruck and it worked fine as described. I decided to register myself in this Forum to tell it worked for me too.
    Thank you all!
    Andre
    02-14-2015 08:38 AM
    Thanks for the advice with tapping the power button on the table. It worked and afterwards I had a great laugh. That's some seriously deep technological sheet!!!!
    02-16-2015 08:44 PM
    100% SOLUTION:
    Just hit the power button slightly again and again with your nail or keep phones power button side down on a flat surface like a table and hit lightly your phones power button side on that flat surface again and again until your phone automatically turns on.... This is because the power button stucks.
    02-22-2015 10:14 AM
    Thank you so much for this. I started freaking out about having to ship my phone in. You just made my night! I Took my phone apart before I read the comments about just lightly tapping it on the table, but if something like this happens again I will be sure to try that first. Thanks again
    02-22-2015 05:37 PM
    This worked. Thank you.

NOPE! I know what's wrong everyone. It is the power button. it is stuck in. therefore when you take out the batter and put it back it, the button is already pushed in causing it to turn on by itself. But since it turns on the button is still pushed in causing it to turn off immediately. SOLUTION: take the phone and put it sideways where the power button is facing down on a table or some flat surface and don't slam it! but lightly hit it maybe a couple of times and the button will come unstuck. The phone should turn on by itself but the button isn't stuck so it will turn on perfectly fine. I am having the same problem right now actually and it is very frustrating but if do this then it should work.
    02-28-2015 04:50 PM
    CAUTION: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPLACE THE POWER BUTTON UNLESS YOU KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY SOLDER!!!! That other video someone posted is completely misrepresenting how difficult the entire replacement process is. This is a far more accurate representation of what type of skill, knowledge and equipment you need to do this replacement properly. (Note: I don't have enough posts here to link, so I've put a space between the "." and the "b" in the link, below.)

youtu. be/Hq_bZELmSIQ
    03-06-2015 02:18 PM
    This really did work no **** took a couple of tries to get it right but thanks so much for the solution. Thought the phone was done for lol
    03-15-2015 03:52 PM
    You are a genious Carlos I have been dealing with this problem on and off for a year and you just solved the mystery. Phone booted right off after tapping it on the table. Thank you.
    -Joe
    03-21-2015 11:28 PM
    This is the best solution to a problem that I have seen in the web for a long time. Worked in seconds. Thanks a lot.
    03-26-2015 10:34 AM
    I have tried all methods on this forum and the only one that functioned is the method posted by RudyGT. In certain situations the Power switch from the motherboard must be removed. After removing the switch you can do the following:

... turn your phone on, press and hold the volume down button, connect it to a computer
    it will enter download mode release the button, but instead of doing that just press down on the volume again
    to reboot.. then your phone is on.
    A new power switch can then be purchased online for a relatively low price.

Kind of an old thread, but thank you RudyGT.
    03-28-2015 10:46 PM
    Just to echo what's been said several times already, THANK YOU Carlos for posting your solution of tapping the phone on a table. I honestly did not expect it to work and had already gathered tools to disassemble the phone. I tapped it five times and the phone turned on. Thank you again! This is great to know.
    04-09-2015 01:52 AM
    I was having the same problem...took the phone apart, tried to clean the on switch but nothing worked.
    Finally I just ripped the on button off the plastic casing and used the "vol-down" +battery and that worked like a champ.
    04-23-2015 12:44 PM
    One of the famous power button got stuck problem
    Here's the link for troubleshooting and solutions. You might need some simple electrical skills.
    04-26-2015 01:58 AM
    I didn't think that'd work but I decided to try it anyway. After about a couple of seconds of tapping it lightly on it's side it sprung back into life. Thank You again!
    04-30-2015 03:56 PM
    i have the same issue. i check the power button switch; it shows short circuit.
    Thanks to all.
    05-25-2015 06:54 AM
105 1234 ...