05-07-2018 10:03 PM
104 ... 345
tools
    Signed up to say thank you! The phone seemed like it was bricked and after some nail "hits" on the power button it got
    working again! Thank you all!
    10-21-2017 03:26 PM
    Signed up to say thank you! The phone seemed like it was bricked and after some nail "hits" on the power button it got
    working again! Thank you all!
    10-21-2017 03:26 PM
    oh my god so I tried what everyone found to be working (slamming it a bunch, blowing air at it), but it didn't work so then I decided to rip it off

I thought it was broken since when I put the battery in, it didn't do anything. BUT plugging it into the computer gave the battery charging screen thank god

so to turn it on, I put a flathead into the power button opening top side and laid it against where I thought the connections were, and 5 seconds later, it turned on
    wheeew
    01-30-2018 04:07 PM
    When unable to get to boot or even safe boot, when you get at most a 1 second glimpse of an empty battery or every once in a while the word "Samsung" for 1 second, the black again, this might be your problem and solution:

Problem: Galaxy S4 would not turn on, and would not charge. Plugging in would once in a while show an empty battery for 1 second, then go black (never showed charged or charging battery). Tried power boot (power + volume up + home key all at once) several times. One time saw the Samsung boot msg for 1 second, then black again.
    Several people suggested it was the USB charge port dirty or bent, or dirty battery contacts. Nope. None of the suggestions got me more than 1 second of either battery or "Samsung" then black screen again.

Cause: When you take the back cover off and look at back of phone, there are 2 pressure switches above and to the right of the battery. (there are also 2 smaller points on left, ignore them). The pressure contact switches are delicate push-down contact switches, that were no longer being pushed down enough, so they were not making contact.

Solution: Gently lift / bend up the rolled (bigger) end of the switch until it stays just slightly above the indent it is seated in. Remember, these are delicate, so don't brute them, but you do have to bend / lift them a little. Put cover back on, and presto, now it boots, and does everything it should. Can now see the battery was 89% charged but it did not matter until I lifted / slightly bent-up these switches and put the cover back on.
    05-07-2018 10:03 PM
104 ... 345