On my Galaxy S4, why has my GPS icon disappeared?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S4 - GPS icon disappeared

I have just realized that GPS icon from the top icon bar (the green icons, you know) has disappeared. It cannot be found anywhere. The GPS is functioning, but the icon is gone. It is not included in the whole group to choose from.
Moreover, when I crossed country borders, my Sygic stopped navigating me, even if I have maps of both relevant countries. Does it have some connection to the missin GPS icon above?
Help would be appreciated.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 - GPS icon disappeared

It CAN be that you're geo-restricted somehow by your carrier or the app itself, but the GPS shouldn't just disappear (and the app, if restricted, should at least give you an error message stating that you can't navigate where you are).

Let's try this. Swipe down the notification bar with Two fingers. Is the GPS option there? No? If you hit the 'Edit' button there (the pencil icon), is it anywhere in that group? (I'm assuming this is what you mean that it's not in the group to choose from but I just want to make sure).

If it's still nowhere to be found, go to the Connections tab in the Settings. Is the "Location" option there?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary