Samsung Gs4 Many Things Stop Responding - Help!

Kelpdro11010

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

I have a GS4 that I have already Factory Restored, tried in Safe Mode, Downloaded Nova for UI to replace TouchWiz, and seemingly tried everything else to get it to work correctly. First, I noticed that after I lock my phone (screen off) I have to wait at least 15 seconds before I can unlock it (turn on the screen again). Next, I noticed that if unlock my phone, pull down the nav bar, the Navigation bar takes about 10 seconds to actually respond and come down. Next, I've noticed that once I unlock/open my phone, open an app then close it, I get a notification that says "com.sec.android.app.keyguard isn't responding". Then after that, a few other things stopped responding, like the com.systemui, and then my alarm app, and then my clock. This happens on repeat, at least every other time I go into my phone. More than annoying...

The not-responding issues seem to be relating to security/the app that runs my clock because I need to unlock my phone via PIN for my email confidentiality settings.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have an SD card installed? Corrupt cards can cause various issues, so unmount it (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and reboot.

Kelpdro11010

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I don't, but I think I found the culprit...an app called Juice Defender. I went through and uninstalled apps one by one but as soon as I disabled and then uninstalled Juice Defender it was like a brand new phone.

Beware using Juice Defender!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you found your problem! I know that Juice Defender is a very popular app that many people swear by, so I wonder if there is something specific to your phone setup that is not playing nice with the app, or if the app was set to do something that was counterproductive for the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma