[HELP] My s4 won't turn on

eprpalmeida

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxy s4 started dying last monday. It started by turning off sometimes, but it began to turn off all the time. Yesterday, the cellphone was dead and it wasn't charging. I left it on the charger all night and I tried turning on, but it stays 1 second in the "Galaxy s4 I9505" screen and then goes black. I can't go to the recovery menu because the cellphone won't turn on. I tried my battery on my brother's galaxy and it is working fine. I bought another battery buy the problem still persists. Any ideas on how I can solve this problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that the battery from your brother's phone makes your phone work, but the new battery you bought doesn't help? It may be that the battery you bought is defective, or not fully charged. Where did you buy it? If it was some random eBay seller or a deeply-discounted seller on Amazon, there's a higher chance of a defective battery. I'd try charging the phone from a wall outlet overnight without disturbing it, then try powering the phone on again in the morning.

eprpalmeida

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy! Both batteries works fine on my brothers phone, but they won't work on my phone. I tried my brothers battery on my phone but it doesn't work too

eprpalmeida

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Everything is fine. I cant boot the recovery mode because the battery dies in 3 seconds. Sometimes I enter the recovery screen but it dies in juat one minute. What do I do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid I don't have any other ideas. You may have to contact Samsung or bring the phone to a repair shop. There might be some sort of hardware failure.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
1-800-SAMSUNG Call them, explain, and they will advise you what to do next

My Galaxy s4 started dying last monday. It started by turning off sometimes, but it began to turn off all the time. Yesterday, the cellphone was dead and it wasn't charging. I left it on the charger all night and I tried turning on, but it stays 1 second in the "Galaxy s4 I9505" screen and then goes black. I can't go to the recovery menu because the cellphone won't turn on. I tried my battery on my brother's galaxy and it is working fine. I bought another battery buy the problem still persists. Any ideas on how I can solve this problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol