Galaxy S4 sudden performance drop

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I've searched and haven't found anything yet, so please allow me to open this up to the community ;
Verizon service. Lots of memory, both ram and storage. Stock, running 4.4.2.
Quadrant full benchmark 12,400+. Wifi 57mbps down, 10 up. System Panel doesn't show anything hogging memory.

Sounds like a good foundation for performance, right? Not so much.

MOST apps load and operate as they should. If I surf, most graphics load in normal times (although a little slower recently). Facebook, on the other hand, has been all but dead. Open it and the images in the news feed and wall do nothing but give me the dread "working/loading" spin. I've cleared FB cache.

Any thoughts as to why this thing seems so gawdawful slow? By the way, this didn't suddenly begin with an update.

Thanks

Bj

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Probably won't do much, but try wiping the cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support

You might also consider Clearing Data for Facebook, which means you'll have to log back in.
Thanks. I deleted Facebook. That was it and apparently its buddy, Messenger, that is the actual culprit. If you load it, its horrendously invasive. If you don't, you are constantly prodded to do so. That was the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy