Now running CM 11

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I did it. I finally did it. Touchwiz is gone and Cyanogenmod is in. WOW. It is fast. I have always rationalized that my phone isnt that laggy, Nova launcher is just fine, but now I know what i have been missing. And I love it. If you have an S4 thats not on a custom ROM, do it now.

Posted via GS4 on CM11

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Ah I miss CM, I also had it in my S3 long time ago what a difference. I'm dreaming to do that the same for my S4 but I may regret losing some functionality and the features of the stock camera firmware.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Ah I miss CM, I also had it in my S3 long time ago what a difference. I'm dreaming to do that the same for my S4 but I may regret losing some functionality and the features of the stock camera firmware.

The one thing I miss from Samsung is multi window. But that's about it

Posted via GS4 on CM11

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
The one thing I miss from Samsung is multi window. But that's about it

Posted via GS4 on CM11

A feature I wouldn't miss with CM. If you could share more deeply your experience with CM it would be great, how about the camera both photos and videos vs stock, the call quality, mic and speaker quality, any display problems, blue tooth problems and battery life. I guess you're using a nightly, how stable is vs TW.
Many thanks.

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
A feature I wouldn't miss with CM. If you could share more deeply your experience with CM it would be great, how about the camera both photos and videos vs stock, the call quality, mic and speaker quality, any display problems, blue tooth problems and battery life. I guess you're using a nightly, how stable is vs TW.
Many thanks.

Hmm that's a great idea. I'll work on that, maybe make a YouTube video about. Great idea.

Posted via GS4 on CM11

worktorest

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a google play edition ROM and I miss nothing from touchwiz. The camera software may not be that good but I'm using google camera. The pics are not gonna suffer any quality unless you shoot a lot in night mode. To me, the camera doesn't perform well in low light conditions anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the LTE version of the phone? I guess that rom only works in the GT-I9505 and not the GT-I9500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX