S4 with 4.4.2 with all problems

ilWalter

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
It's a few days I am looking for a solution on the forum, then decided to write as none has worked.
A bit of history.
I received an update to the 4.4.2, but somehow the update went wrong it said something like "failed, try with Kies". In any case, my S4 is now showing 4.4.2 in the device info o_O.

Well, after the failed/non-failed update the situation is the following:
- battery is draining completely in less than 4hrs (Android System is always at 20%)
- if i try to complete the update from the S4 it says "failed...try later or try using PC Kies"
- USB connection doesn't work at all with any PC (tried many different things but no luck)

I am in a kind of loop and I don't want to change the phone now since I want to wait for Galaxy Alpha...

Any suggestion?
Pleaaaaaase :'(

Thanks
Walter

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
It's a few days I am looking for a solution on the forum, then decided to write as none has worked.
A bit of history.
I received an update to the 4.4.2, but somehow the update went wrong it said something like "failed, try with Kies". In any case, my S4 is now showing 4.4.2 in the device info o_O.

Well, after the failed/non-failed update the situation is the following:
- battery is draining completely in less than 4hrs (Android System is always at 20%)
- if i try to complete the update from the S4 it says "failed...try later or try using PC Kies"
- USB connection doesn't work at all with any PC (tried many different things but no luck)

I am in a kind of loop and I don't want to change the phone now since I want to wait for Galaxy Alpha...

Any suggestion?
Pleaaaaaase :'(

Thanks
Walter

Couple of counter questions:
1. The device boot/operates normally aside form the excessive drain?
2. Have you updated Samsung Drivers for your PC?
3. Is the need to connect to your PC important? Meaning is there files you need to backup?

ellisroy

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I read alot of threads about the update problem. I must be one of the lucky ones cause other than the sd issue I haven't experienced any problems. None at all. Battery drain~nope. 1% per hour overnight. No wifi problems etc. Solved sd problem by using towel root and xposed modules. Verizon gave me a good phone

Posted via the Android Central App

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps doing a manual upgrade with Odin and using a official firmware may help.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

ilWalter

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Golfdriver,

1. The device boot/operates normally aside form the excessive drain? Yes it does.
2. Have you updated Samsung Drivers for your PC? Updated with latest Kies and manually as well
3. Is the need to connect to your PC important? Meaning is there files you need to backup? There are a number of reason I want to connect (file sharing, backups, etc.) but the main is to try to upgrade the firmware once more, which maybe will fix the problem...

ilWalter

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi alexcolka & zetodavido,

it's the first time I hear about Odin.
Already downloaded and will start studying how to flash the firmware.
Just a quick one, how can I use Odin if the mobile doesn't connect at all to my laptop?

Will work on it and update you if there is any progress.
Thanks a lot

ilWalter

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I have tried with Odin.
Downloaded the firmware, followed the instructions, but it doesn't connect anyway (even in download mode).

I am a bit frustrated and planning to buy the S5 (or even iPhone :,(( ....).

I tried downloading USB drivers from several sources but no luck.

MTP+ ADB - done
different USB cables - done
different USB drivers - done
different USB USB ports - done
USB debugging - done
Odin - tried (doesn't connect)

Any other try?
Thanks

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Try with a different pc.

Sometimes plugging the phone and restarting it while connected may work.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis