Selling Broken Phone

Selfrevelationz

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
So my phone is only a year old. I have had it since June of 2013, and It's a Verizon Wireless phone. In February 2013 my German Shepherd puppy knocked me over and cracked the screen, with only damage really to the bottom and bottom left. In April, the phone started acting weird after the update, and when I let it die, it wouldn't cut on for hours until it charged. Once I restarted it, the SIM card wouldn't work, and the guy at Verizon said the whole tray needs to be fixed. So I ordered one, and did it myself, but the Tray still doesn't read cards. In all, a professional fix on the phone would be about 190 at the cheapest. I don't want to put more money in on fixing it so I want to sell it. Should I even try to sell it, or should I fix it and keep for myself? If possible, if anyone could recommend a place that buys broken phones either online/CT area, that would be great. I have a picture of the phone here

Attachments

• IMAG0324.jpg
    IMAG0324.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 11

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You could always try to sell it for parts on eBay or some place similar. But you'd have to make sure you remove the external SD card (if present), and there's always the remote possibility of someone hacking into the onboard storage to look at the info there (but that would be pretty hardcore).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge