11-03-2016 04:35 PM
43 12
tools
    I've not yet been able to do a factory reset (Samsung suggested the same to me when I emailed them): Coincidentally, my PC has stopped booting due to a broken power supply, so I can't back up my phone until I get that fixed.

Can anyone else confirm that the factory reset resolved the problem for them? I'm approaching the point where I might just do the factory reset anyway, despite not being able to back up my phone, but I'd like to be sure it's going to resolve the issue.
    I just performed a factory reset about 2 hours ago. So far everything seems sorted. I can confirm no restarts and I have been opening lots of apps with wifi / 4G/ bluetooth on and NO REBOOTS.
    I followed this: Backup
    and this Hard Reset
    09-12-2014 07:21 AM
    I've also now done a factory reset: No problems so far. Thanks.
    09-13-2014 01:31 PM
    Hi guys,

I can see that a lot of you have the same problem like me.
    5 days ago I had a small update (about 250 MB) for KitKat 4.4.2. on my Galaxy S4 I9505.
    4.4.2. worked great before this small update.
    After that update, my phone is constantly restarting (rebooting) and sometimes when I want to unlock my screen, nothing appears on screen - just black or freezed screen. These problems are happening every 10mins.
    I did factory and cache reset several times, but problem is still here!
    Is there any way that I can rollback earlier original version of KitKat 4.4.2. on my Galaxy S4 I9505, but not to root my phone?

Thank you!
    09-20-2014 06:35 AM
    FACTORY RESET WORKED.
    I have been struggling with a similar problem on my GT-I9505 (bought on Amazon in US but actually came from Germany apparently) since receiving a system update on May 30, 2014 -- random reboots many times a day, plus fairly reliable reboots about 30-40 seconds into any received phone call. I tried clearing caches, uninstalling recently installed apps and then other unneeded apps, installing new updates, and lots of other things. My last resort was rooting and removing Knox as suggested at XDA developers forum. But first I tried a factory reset, and it worked! I've now gone several days without an unintentional reboot. It's a pain to have to restore backups and reinstall apps, but it was worth it. I hope this information is helpful to someone.
    10-21-2014 05:34 AM
    Hi Guys,

I have the exact same issue as has been mentioned here multiple times. I did a factory reset twice, whit some strange results. After the first reset my device was fine for like two weeks! Then it suddenly went back to rebooting. After the second factory reset, the problem was only gone for 4 days. Strange thing is that I'm 100% sure I didn't change any settings or downloaded something new to my phone on both occasions it went back to rebooting.
    11-06-2014 05:42 PM
    Hello,

one of the problems back in time was Samsung Application, that build-in freak.

Uninstall it/Disable and do not update it. Reboot your device and most probably you will not face that rebooting problem any more.

That worked for me.
    11-18-2014 02:39 AM
    Could you please help me in how to do that with Samsung Application? I'm having the Random Reboot problem with mi S4 mini and I brought it yesterday!
    11-18-2014 07:18 PM
    Had this issue after updating to Android 4.4.2, My S4 was rebooting every 10 minutes.

The following worked for my device and may help:

1. Whilst phone is on remove battery.
    2. Remove SD Card, wipe and reinsert.
    3. Leave battery out for at least 2 hours.
    4. Reinsert battery and switch phone on.

This should stop the phone rebooting, my device hasn't rebooted for over 24 hours and is working fine.

If this fails buy a LG G3!! Arriving very soon!!
    11-22-2014 02:16 AM
    tried all of these things, nothing worked.

and i am beyond sick of this, the sd block and the ridiculous battery drain
    and just about ready to revert to an older firmware.

which version would you guys recommend?
    11-23-2014 07:59 AM
    I had that same problem on my sg 4/ 4.4.2 kitkat. what I did was, installed WanamXposed ( need root ) open it and go to advance and click on: system server chrash fix, that wil fix random reboot caused by a missing sanitation checks on system server, no problemo since. very nice app btw with multy posibillities, it gives your phone a big boost
    12-19-2014 12:34 PM
    Hi guis,
    I was having the same problem with the random reboot. I have i9505 and after update it starts rebooting even when i am on a phone call [language]. The method with the factory reset and battery remove doesn't work for me BUT i have rooted my phone so i installed Xposed installer and from it i installed Wanam Xposed, when you instal Wanam go to advanced settings and click on the fix random reboot. I have testing and bugging my phone for couple of days now and NO reboot yet. Best regards from Bulgaria and i hope that help's some one!
    01-07-2015 05:46 AM
    I'm also having the same problem, after I updated my S4 i9505 Globe (Philippines) via Odin. Its so Annoying because sometimes I'm in a rush to use the phone. It's rebooting when I stopped using it after a long stress . Pls help or should we wait for the Lollipop update? -_-
    01-08-2015 03:14 AM
    ===> to BlodyMary

I had gone round the process of rooting, unrooting and a factory reset.
    then I saw your comment on here, I was running Xposed Installer to do a couple of little tweaks so I rooted again and then tried the fix you described through the Wanam Xposed module/app.
    so far so good.
    3 hours without a reboot.
    thanks very much
    02-05-2015 08:34 AM
    I'm in the UK and on the EE network. About 2 days ago I got the software update notification which I accepted. After the update the phone now randomly reboots for no reason. I know it not the battery as it has just been replaced and its fine. The forst time it happened was half an hour after the update was complete and I have not installed any apps since.

Setings screen says Android v 4.4.2

When is the next update out or is there a fix/workaround for this?
    Thanks for any help in advance guys.
    05-07-2015 11:58 PM
    I was stuck also but found a solution lasting for some weeks now. Just 2 steps:
    1. Unhide the developers mode (google the stuff or in short (thanks to wonderhowto.com)
    x Just go to Settings -> About Device and scroll down to the Build Number.
    x Now, tap on your "Build Number" seven times, and you should see a toast notification pop up saying "Developer mode has been enabled."
    x Voilà! Back out of the About Device menu and you'll see Dev options back where it belongs, so you can turn on USB debugging and whatever else you want to.

2. in settings/more/developers options, go the pre-last option "limit the number of processes running in background" and select 2 for instance

Since then it works fine for me. I hope that it will be the same for you as well. Good luck.
    10-22-2015 12:19 AM
    Happened to me as well, my galaxy s4 randomly restarting. Replaced the battery and problem Solved.
    12-23-2015 02:18 PM
    I think,this's a general hardware problem from your s4 battery connector bsi usb charging line.you can simply fix it to rehot those area.but carefull this's very sensetiv area.tq
    06-11-2016 05:05 AM
    Hi go to google play store and downlod wake lock this stops the cpu going to sleep.hope this helps.
    11-03-2016 04:35 PM
43 12