Google saves my searches.....

1rkhachatryan

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
So idk what's going on but all of a sudden, my searches are being saved again....I don't have anything turned on so it shouldn't be saving them. Is anybody else having this issue??

My phone was having storage issues so I uninstalled all updates to Google Chrome so I can install an update onto one of my other apps. I reinstalled all the updates to google chrome but now it is saving stuff again even though I logged in with my account so it should have all the old settings.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You'd need to go into Settings, Accounts. There are a bunch of menus/sub menus where you'd turn off saving searches and other data retention and collection. :)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
For anyone else, this was a setting I was talking about, should be turned off.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1410121309664.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410121309664.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 23

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
See I don't have that in my phone, or at least idk how to get to it.
Tap:
Settings, Accounts, Google, Search, Accounts & Privacy.

And you should get that page. There are additional pages too having to do with data collection you can opt out of - just try tapping on everything and see what you find. I'd honestly point you in each direction step by step but I need another phone next to me (currently it's charging) to map them out. But it's mainly pages you will find in that area under Settings, Accounts that you'll want to turn things off in.

1rkhachatryan

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Tap:
Settings, Accounts, Google, Search, Accounts & Privacy.

And you should get that page. There are additional pages too having to do with data collection you can opt out of - just try tapping on everything and see what you find. I'd honestly point you in each direction step by step but I need another phone next to me (currently it's charging) to map them out. But it's mainly pages you will find in that area under Settings, Accounts that you'll want to turn things off in.

I don't see that :/...

I went to settings, accounts, clicked Google, but then under that there is only a privacy part that only lists location and ads.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You can get to that settings from the Google search app itself. Open it from the drawer or your homescreen and click on the three dots bottom right.

The tricky part. You can't see them if your keyboard is up :)

1rkhachatryan

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Can you take a screenshot and post it? I'm curious what you see. :/

How do I do that on my phone??

You can get to that settings from the Google search app itself. Open it from the drawer or your homescreen and click on the three dots bottom right.

The tricky part. You can't see them if your keyboard is up :)

I can get to the settings, idk what to do after that though :/...

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
No, but the Google Search settings will look the same in the app. They should, anyway. That's why I was hoping you could post a screenshot of whatever you see when you look for the settings and don't find them.

Look in the app drawer for the Google Search app. Then look at settings in it.

ETA: Hopefully someone else can help you.

1rkhachatryan

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
No, but the Google Search settings will look the same in the app. They should, anyway. That's why I was hoping you could post a screenshot of whatever you see when you look for the settings and don't find them.

Look in the app drawer for the Google Search app. Then look at settings in it.

ETA: Hopefully someone else can help you.

Um, I'm not using the app, I'm using the mobile google chrome browser....I said that in the first post. The search app has the settings you say but that doesn't do me any good.

Also, no offense or anything, but you really shouldn't be trying to help people with a phone you don't have unless you had it in the past...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos