Downloading purchased mp3's to s4 then transferring to ipad

Fyer

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

I'm a novice dj and use certain websites to pay for and download music. As the ipad only lets you download from iTunes , I've had to download to my pc then transfer via iTunes .

As far as I can see, with the use of certain apps? I can download directly onto the s4...if this is true then do you think it might be possible to transfer the music files onto the ipad via the lighting to sd camera card reader adapter ?

I guess this might be an apple question but just wanted to check my Samsung facts and see if anyone else does something similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That theoretically should work. I don't think you would even need the Lightning to SD Card Reader. The sequence would be something like:

1. Download the music track to the phone.
2. Connect the phone to your computer via USB, and copy that music track to the computer's hard drive.
3. Connect the iPad to your computer via USB and transfer that track to the iPad, either via drag & drop or via iTunes.

If you don't want to use a computer, then the sequence would be:

1. Download the music track to the phone.
2. Use a file manager app to copy that track to the external SD card.
3. Unmount and remove the SD card, and then insert it into the Lightning to SD Card Reader.
4. Connect the reader to the iPad.

I'm assuming that's how the reader would work--I don't have direct experience with it.

Fyer

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Mmm thanks

I was thinking of downloading it to the sd card, removing the sd card when needed, plugging that into the lightning cable adaptor then loading the songs onto the music app of the ipad.

It sounds like it should but I reckon have a block somewhere along there. However, it is possible to remove the sd card once installed onto an s4 right ?

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Download filemaster on Ios and Android then send files from s4 to iPad wirelessly. Works a charm!

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Amazon music store is the easiest for buying mp3s. They put your purchased mp3s right in their cloud and you can download onto any device. I'm glad I've never installed iTunes.

Fyer

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Download filemaster on Ios and Android then send files from s4 to iPad wirelessly. Works a charm!

Posted via Android Central App

Thx guys

Regarding file master, will this add it to the music app on the ipad? The reason I ask is because I use another piece of software (traktor dj) to mix music. This software however uses the music app. The music app and it's contents are available in traktor. As far as I know this is the only way for traktor to select music .

Can anyone help ?

Robaire Estel

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I found a solution that worked for me! I bought a Sandisk Memory Card for both phone and tablet. I downloaded all my itunes on the disk(s) and play the music from the disk with no problems. However, the playlists I created are having a hard time because creating them as text or .xml doesn't work.
My last option is M3U.

This will save you money and time from buying all the unnecessary apps to get the job done....

Good Luck!!!!

Last edited:

Fyer

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I found a solution that worked for me! I bought a Sandisk Memory Card for both phone and tablet. I downloaded all my itunes on the disk(s) and play the music from the disk with no problems. However, the playlists I created are having a hard time because creating them as text or .xml doesn't work.
My last option is M3U.

This will save you money and time from buying all the unnecessary apps to get the job done....

Good Luck!!!!

Thanks mate

So how do you connect the disk to the ipad ? And will an app such as traktor pick up the disk? If not, can I copy the files into the music app on the ipad? Sorry a little bit confused

Just to clarify , I'm trying to move away from a laptop hence me doing it this way

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7