Hello all,

New user here. Quick question to all out there.
    My phone has stopped reading my sim card (again). I took it in the first time after doing a factory reset etc and not being able to find any solution. The guys at vodafone sent it away as it was under warranty and they replaced the receiver? or which ever part it is that does the sim card reading. It's happened again, but as I use my phone on wifi I have been able to continue to make calls through viber and skype... until now. Now when I make a call using either of the programs, as soon as the call is answered the phone effectively freezes, becoming un-usable until I restart.
    I have done the factory reset again to no avail. As soon as I reinstalled skype and viber and tried to call out, the same thing happened.
    The phone will not read the sim thus it wont pick up local networks either. I do have a pin on my simcard and the phone does not ask me for it when I turn it on so I am assuming it is the same problem as before. I have tried other sim cards to make sure that is not the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? I suppose I will just take it in when I get home. Bit of a bugger as i am travelling at the moment. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Tim
    09-11-2014 11:45 AM