I switched from the iphone to a Samsung Galaxy S4 about a year ago after great reviews by coworkers. I'm sort of regretting it now. Initially the GPS was fine. However, I now have problems whenever I want it to track my location.

If I open Google Maps and hit the location button, it will locate me. If I enter an address and start driving, it will either sit there searching for my location or say GPS signal lost. Same happens when using a fitness app for tracking jogs (MapMyRun).

I have high accuracy turned on. I have WiFi and Bluetooth turned on. I'm not sure if some 3rd party app is messing up the GPS or what, but it's extremely frustrating. I see other posts like this, but they never seem to be resolved. Any thoughts? I was thinking factory reset, but dread installing all my apps again.
    09-11-2014 03:56 PM
    I owned an S4 and never had an issue. You could download a GPS Test and see if you're actually getting any satellite info. It can be a hardware issue if something inside moved or burnt out or something.
    09-11-2014 05:01 PM
    I had the same a issue Droid Razr Maxx HD, and I did everything they told me not to do.

I turn accuacy to GPS only and removed all updates, now I don't get all the fluff, but the GPS now works.

See what all this people who design this stuff forget.... WiFi only works if there is good cell service, like in a city. They need to get outside their "Box" and realize life is not at a desk.

Right now Google thinks it can do no wrong.

09-11-2014 07:12 PM
    I downloaded GPS Test and GPS Status.

It shows 20 satelites in view, but 0 in use. I have cleared and downloaded the aGPS using these apps. Still no luck. I found abother thread with similar complaints and mixed reviews using this method. The thread is 24 pages long with a lot of angry people. I just never had these problems with an iPhone. Being an engineer I thought it would be great having more control with a droid, but let's face it, Apple products just work and this is crap.
    09-12-2014 02:09 PM