Samsung Galaxy S4 speaker making crackling noise after dip in water

PS Hayer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

My wife's Samsung Galaxy S4 was dipped in water by our little one and she immediately took it out and removed the battery. Phone was left to dry for 6-7 days. When she put the battery back and switched it on, it worked but started making crackling noise on welcome screen and screen unlocking.

Being a techie, I took it as a challenge to fix it. I diagnosed the following problems.

1. I was able to make calls and hear the person on the other side but he was unable to hear me (possible microphone issue).

2. On hands free, called was able to hear me but S4's speakers were making weird noise.

3. On welcome screen (samsung logo) and screen unlock handset was making weird noise.

I washed it's motherboard with 70% alcohol and replaced it's mic and speaker. Now mic is working but external speaker still makes weird crackling noise. It works perfectly with car bluetooth and headphones.

Can anyone please suggest me what could be the reason and how I can fix it.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

My wife's Samsung Galaxy S4 was dipped in water by our little one and she immediately took it out and removed the battery. Phone was left to dry for 6-7 days. When she put the battery back and switched it on, it worked but started making crackling noise on welcome screen and screen unlocking.

Being a techie, I took it as a challenge to fix it. I diagnosed the following problems.

1. I was able to make calls and hear the person on the other side but he was unable to hear me (possible microphone issue).

2. On hands free, called was able to hear me but S4's speakers were making weird noise.

3. On welcome screen (samsung logo) and screen unlock handset was making weird noise.

I washed it's motherboard with 70% alcohol and replaced it's mic and speaker. Now mic is working but external speaker still makes weird crackling noise. It works perfectly with car bluetooth and headphones.

Can anyone please suggest me what could be the reason and how I can fix it.

Check the speakers are connected correctly and not shorting out and try to play some music how does it sound? and what kinda liquid was it dipped in?

PS Hayer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your reply.

It was a completely dipped into baby outdoor bath tub. I have already replaced the speaker, I can see the improvement after replacing the speaker but I still it is making crackling noise.

I have tried to use earphones and sound is perfect on earphones. With speaker, I can hear the music but there is disturbance as well. I have stopped key sound and touch sound by disabling it. But still when I touch screen while camera is on, it makes weird sound.

FF666

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi I have the same problem.
I replaced the speaker for a new one and it's still making crackling sounds. The most problematic thing is that the speaker is heated a lot after a few seconds of starting the phone. I only can use the phone with the speaker removed from it.
Solutions please?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21