Not registered on Network? URGENT

JollyJed

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys, i have recently got myself a samsung galaxy s4 and the other day i bought a sim only contract with virgin. I think the phone has picked up the sim card fine as there isn't a no sim message and instead when i try to call/message someone it says im not registered on network.. This is a major problem for me as i have just started university and i have no other way to contact my parents!

I have tried a few fixes including manually picking the virgin service by i get the message 'No Service - Selected network (Virgin) Unavailable' even though i have a virgin sim card and i am getting signal!

Please help me guys, im contemplating buying an old phone from ebay as i can't seem to fix it.

Many thanks, Jed.

JollyJed

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Im not sure mate, how do i tell if its been locked or not? there are no phone company logos or anything on it. Also i haven't tried changing the APN mate, how do i do that? i have only tried changing the network mode but it didn't do anything!

Cheers, Jed.

JollyJed

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey mate, i checked the APN and it offers me a t mobile service and a virgin mobile service. I have a virgin mobile sim so does this mean the phone is locked to t mobile?

cheers

JollyJed

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Where did you buy the phone? What model is it?

My dad bought it from one of his close friends who is very into his gadgets and decided he didn't want the phone. The phone came brand new in the box.. The phone is definitely recognizing that there is a sim in it but it just won't send messages, calls or let me use any of the contracted internet.. There is no symbols on the phone that would hint at it being locked, and i definitely can't remember there being anything in the box to do with a specific phone company :/ if i can find out if its locked soon i will order one of the sim only contracts!

Thanks mate.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My dad bought it from one of his close friends who is very into his gadgets and decided he didn't want the phone. The phone came brand new in the box.. The phone is definitely recognizing that there is a sim in it but it just won't send messages, calls or let me use any of the contracted internet.. There is no symbols on the phone that would hint at it being locked, and i definitely can't remember there being anything in the box to do with a specific phone company :/ if i can find out if its locked soon i will order one of the sim only contracts!

Thanks mate.

You can find the model in Settings>about device. That will at least tell us what carrier it was originally on.

JollyJed

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed that T-Mobile usually brand the phones they lock and i have no sign of their branding :/ i kind of hoped it was locked as i have tried everything to get it to work! Still not sure why T-Mobile internet is one of the APN's.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can suggest is perhaps contacting Samsung. I was half expecting the device to be associated with a carrier.

Chris Miller14

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi had the same problem on my wife's s3 two days ago had to contact virgin media to sort it out they sent the wrong sim card. Take a note of the serial number on the sim and contact them. I have attached photos of the activation letter they sent me

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20140916_230400.jpg
    20140916_230400.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20140916_230318.jpg
    20140916_230318.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 45

Lubna Saim

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello Sir, i have recently got myself a samsung galaxy Note 2 and i have UFONE sim. I think the phone has picked up the sim card fine as there isn't a no sim message and instead when i try to call/message someone it says not registered on network.. This is a major problem for me as i have just started university and i have no other way to contact my parents!

I have tried a few fixes including manually picking the UFONE service by i get the message 'No Service - Selected network (UFONE) Unavailable' even though i have a UFONE sim card and i am getting signal!
i change a cell phone then the sim is working good.
Please help me guys, i can't seem to fix it.

Many thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084