Every thing runs so slowly

Mangkudun Sati

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Since last android updates my Galaxy S4 runs really slowly til the point I have to take out battery to reboot and then after an hour of use again same issue;I use to reboot like 6 or 7 times a day minimum
If I make a memory boost and cache cleaning with some apps that I have to do that it says some 40 processes been cleared;if I do again says phone is on top speed;but wait just a couple of minutes without using at all and do a boost again and again says some 40 or 50 prpcesses been cleared;what is that processes if I am not using it at all after cleared;what is that maybe causing the slow running?some apps?how to know wich ones?
best wishes

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Don't use "RAM boosters" that work by force closing apps--those apps will just open again, because that's how Android works. You'll end up using up battery more quickly due to the endless cycle.

Try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support

Also consider unmounting the SD card (in Settings>Storage), removing it, and rebooting. A corrupt SD card can impact performance.

Mangkudun Sati

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info
I just uninstalled all Boosters and cleared the partition cache as you said;I will see how it works now
To kill apps running in the background how is better to do it then?and to clear cache?just like before doing a reboot in recovery mode and do partition cache clearing?
Thanks for all

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind how Android operates--it wants to keep RAM relatively filled with open apps, to allow for efficient app opening and switching. I would suggest force closing apps only if they are misbehaving. If there are apps that you never use and can't uninstall, go to the App Manager and disable them so that they never open at all, thus preventing them from ever taking up RAM. See these articles:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-tos/380592-guide-ram-android.html
RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

Mangkudun Sati

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for help
I did all that and now runs more smoothly
Uninstalled all Boosters and appkillers and did a reboot in recovery mode clearing partition cache
Even runs much better now still have some issue
After a couple of hours using it every action I do is like delayed
example typing in chat the typed letters come out after a seconds after typed;when I hold home button to close some apps or just to come out from what I am doing also is delayed as it doesn't take effect after a few seconds
what can I do to fix this
Thanks very much
Alex

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you try removing the SD card as suggested above?

You might also consider uninstalling apps you never or hardly every use, in case they might be opening in the background and slowing things down.

Mangkudun Sati

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for help
Yes I did remove the sd card as you stated above then reboot
In sd card there are more than five thousand pictures apart from other stuff;don't know if that has anything to do with the problem of delay;pictures even stored in the sd external card they appear all in pictures in the Samsung
But all started when I updated android last month
Thanks very much
Alex