05-21-2017 01:22 PM
143 ... 456
tools
    i had the same problem with screen overlay and could not access to whatsapp and email and many more apps
    i enter "developer options" than running services than ienter "accessibility" and i found overlay button on
    for me i saw the sign icon of accessibility as top layer
    than i could set all apps again for permissions
    hope it help
    10-17-2016 02:44 AM
    None of the suggestiontons are working for me, not the builder thing and tapping 7x, not removing clean master Ughhh
    11-06-2016 03:06 PM
    This worked!!! Thanks so much for that advice. My phone was not fully functional and it was driving me crazy!
    11-23-2016 01:49 PM
    You're a genius! I tried all of the other options and this is the one that worked! Thank you!
    11-25-2016 01:49 PM
    Only had my p9 lite one day and ran into this problem, i turned off floating dock and everything is fine
    11-26-2016 07:05 AM
    I had the same thing happen....however when i went to look for Developer Options it was no where to be found....Finally I found an article telling me how..../////.settings....more......about device......build number.....tap 7 times.....turn off developer options........overlays disappeared.....only took me about 4 hours for find this solution.....good luck
    Thank you it worked
    11-27-2016 02:39 AM
    Somehow I've managed to get two screen overlays on my phone. They are smaller semi-grayed out copies of the real screen. There is also a thin white line at the top of the screen telling the sizes of the overlays. I have uninstalled almost every app on my phone even though I don't have anything that I installed right before this happened. I have also gone through almost every setting (I say almost because there's always one more on this phone not because I didn't get every last one I know about.)
    I'm going in for a knee replacement on Monday and then to rehap and I'd like to have a USABLE phone if they let me have it - they will at rehap at least (I think).
    Anyone know how I shot myself in the foot?

Thanks!
    Transfer all of yoir storage on the internal storage to your sd card i used my lg g stylo and worked like a charm without having to deal with crappy factory reseting
    11-28-2016 07:31 PM
    After the LG G4 update on Friday I had this issue with several apps. I spent 3 hours at the verizon store today luckily with a very patient person. He finally found that the clean master app was the problem. After hours of trying to fix it and being on the phone with several different customer support people he saw the clean master and said I bet this caused a virus. He deleted it and sure enough, my pictures, calendar and mail were working correctly. They were not opening and saying that I hate overlays being detected. I would try and fix it and it would just keep looping back to the overlay detected screen. If you have a cleaning app delete it, restart your phone and see if everything works again.
    Thank youuuu!!!!!!!
    11-30-2016 12:24 AM
    This was my problem too, uninstalled clean master and didn't even have to reset phone it worked as soon as I deleted it.
    11-30-2016 12:25 AM
    After the LG G4 update on Friday I had this issue with several apps. I spent 3 hours at the verizon store today luckily with a very patient person. He finally found that the clean master app was the problem. After hours of trying to fix it and being on the phone with several different customer support people he saw the clean master and said I bet this caused a virus. He deleted it and sure enough, my pictures, calendar and mail were working correctly. They were not opening and saying that I hate overlays being detected. I would try and fix it and it would just keep looping back to the overlay detected screen. If you have a cleaning app delete it, restart your phone and see if everything works again.
    Thanks a lot you right the ducking clean master was the problem so I fallow y what your recommend and bingo finally I get access to all my apps again
    so THANK YOU very much you make no you save my day
    12-07-2016 11:25 AM
    I'm having a similar issue to this with my Galaxy Note 4. When I turned all the options off, it worked fine for all apps except for my screen recorder Game Screen Recorder by DGenius. When I attempt to add recordable apps (so that it isn't just recording the 'desktop' or entire screen), it requests to have screen overlay turned on. Except now that I've turned them all off, I have literally no way to access the screen overlay options at all. I've search checked Display, Screen, and Overlay, Draw, Secondary, Screen Overlay, the last which don't give any options. I've uninstalled all Cheetah apps (Cleanmaster, etc) and that didn't solve the issue. How do I get to the screen overlay options without it being raised as an error, because I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling previous problem apps to get it to pop up again and it hasn't.

Edit: I have screen shots of the error page, and the Permissions page, but I can't post them to the forum on mobile and have no computer access.
    12-19-2016 05:43 PM
    Thanks for you input
    12-23-2016 04:19 PM
    thanks it worked for my samsung galaxy note 4
    12-26-2016 03:21 PM
    Hello this is Srilatha, I took a new mobile (lyf water 11) am also facing same acreen overlay option, can any one suggest what to do?
    01-04-2017 09:27 AM
    Just curious how your knew replacement went. I just had bi lateral in August and I still feel the same way even though everything that was hurting before is now metal and plastic. Hope all is well!
    lynnrose69 likes this.
    01-23-2017 07:46 AM
    I had to restore my phone to the factory settings
    01-28-2017 04:23 PM
    Yesterday my Samsung Galaxy S5 updated itself and then I started getting the 'screen overlay' prompt and after following the instructions the problem persisted. To make matters much worse, it afftected my UBER and LYFT driver apps that I use for my main source of income. It turned out that it was my 360 security app that was.causing it and once I uninstalled it the problem went away.
    04-05-2017 09:55 AM
    My problem is I'm trying to give the onedrive app permission to access my camera so I can upload my pictures to one drive but it says to turn off the screen overlay and I can't figure out how to do that. I have a Samsung galaxy express 3. Can someone please help me?
    05-21-2017 01:22 PM
143 ... 456