Blury FRONT camera! Not fixable?

oriugg

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
So. it seems that me and smartphones are not getting along whatsoever sadly..

my front camera on my galaxy s4 (i9506) is blury all the time whenever i want to take a photo using that camera! i have checked and tried the following:
- i have checked the camera settings and turned everything OFF and then ON, but that didn't solve it, so now everything is OFF.
- i have tried different focus suggestions without resolving this.
- i have tried different modes (beauty, night etc.), but none worked.
- i have cleaned the screen as clean as possible, but that didn't work either.
- i have tried to update the software without it working.
- i have tried using different camera apps and such, but none works.

now i am stuck with a phone with a blury front camera. the BACK camera is crystal clear and nice, but the front cam is all blury.

i do not have a warranty for this phone any longer...

HOW do i fix this? is it even fixable at all? ay suggestions?

oriugg

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
no screen protector is present.

so if the recovery does not work, it is most likely a hardware problem..? and by changing the camera, it means changing the screen etc, or?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My last resort would be a full factory reset. If that doesn't help, then yes, it's probably a hardware problem. I don't know the technical aspects of replacement, but I doubt they'd have to replace the screen.

oriugg

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
b. diddy: oh okay. i will give both a go. first recovery and then factory reset. let's hope that solves it. thanks for the suggestion.

ineedcs: i will post a picture later on to show the difference, but yes, it's been like this since i got the phone a good while ago. cannot get it on warranty as it's expired. well, even if the front camera is crap, it still shouldn't be as crap as it is now... my s4 front cam got way more blurier photo than my friends S3 cam...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech