So I have a s4 that a friend of mine says just stopped working. They have no idea why. No water damage. It gets hot. I tore it apart and it gets hot umder the little black tape under the silver cover between sd card and the plug on the black ribbon rigjt above the battery terminals. Anyway. I have another buddy who went swimming with his. That one turns on and gets to recovery and download mode. It lools like odin is working but it fails at the very end. I have never taken a phone apart before but this is my sort of thing so I have 2 questions.
    #1 does this sound like both motherboards are bad? Thats what i am thinking but I wont get the drowned phone till monday.
    #2 one is gsm, the other cmda. I hear there are slight size differences in these, will one fit into the other?
    IF they both are bad motherboards I will just buy some busted screen ones to fix these but Im just doing research until then. Like I said, I have never Taken a phone apart but After taking this one apart this is going to be a piece of cake. This thing seems BUILT for repairs (and that seems telling to me!!) Thanks for any help I recieve and if im asking in the wrong area please forgive me, I am not new to these sites im just extremely busy, this is my therapy and I had to squeeze it in!!!!! Tjank you for understanding!
    10-04-2014 11:24 PM
    Lil bump. Just this one time!
    10-12-2014 01:35 PM