I've been having the problem lately where it seems like randomly the screen will think there's something touching it resulting in unwanted taps and actions, and me actually tapping the screen doesn't do anything, and then other times, it just doesn't seem to register any touch at all. It used to be that if I just locked the screen and immediately unlocked it and it would work properly again. But as that doesn't seem to work as often any more. I have to lock it and unlock it several times before it starts acting normally again. Also sometimes part of the screen just wont be responsive. Like I'll be scrolling down but when my finger gets to a certain point, it just stops, and doesn't realize i'm touching it. And it's not always at the same spot on the screen either. It's really starting to make me angry. Any ideas? And clearing the cache doesn't help at all. I've already tried that.
    10-08-2014 04:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the screen completely clean? Various residues might cause some odd behavior.

Try booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If something you installed is causing the problem, then the issue should go away in Safe Mode. Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support
    10-08-2014 05:52 PM