Emoji issue on sms

stewbug

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
So I can send emojis just fine and everyone can see them just fine. I can view them when other people send them via mms such as in a group message or with a picture.

However, when I receive an sms message with an emoji within it shows as X=^ or some other X= something depending upon the emoji.

Also, texts with that error become oddly spaced. Every letter has a space between it and the next such as: H o w a r e y o u ?.

Does anyone else have this issue? I don't believe it is the sms app I use because it has happened to me with the default, evolvesms, hangouts, go sms you name it. I use swiftkey keyboard also. US Cellular GS4.

Any help is appreciated!

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I also use SwiftKey keyboard but I'm on Verizon. Anytime I send or receive an emoji in text messages it automatically coverts them to mms and they show up normally.

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
So I can send emojis just fine and everyone can see them just fine. I can view them when other people send them via mms such as in a group message or with a picture.

However, when I receive an sms message with an emoji within it shows as X=^ or some other X= something depending upon the emoji.

Also, texts with that error become oddly spaced. Every letter has a space between it and the next such as: H o w a r e y o u ?.

Does anyone else have this issue? I don't believe it is the sms app I use because it has happened to me with the default, evolvesms, hangouts, go sms you name it. I use swiftkey keyboard also. US Cellular GS4.

Any help is appreciated!
You might be using a system font that doesn't support emojs. Try change the font in phone settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63