Why aren't the files on my phone memory not visible?

Evelyn64

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Files on phone memory not visible

I recently transferred a large number of photos onto my Samsung S4's SD card and afterward there seemed to be a malfunction when I tried to access the gallery. At first nothing happened, wouldn't even make a sound to say I had touched the icon. Then files came up but not all that I had transferred. Then the SD card just died. I couldn't see anything on it from the phone or PC and my PC wouldn't even recognize my card reader when the SD card was installed.
I bought a new SD card and transferred my pictures (fortunately I have everything on my PC) and everything seemed fine. But then I discovered that the music and few pictures that I had stored on my phone's memory were not visible to my PC or in the file section of my phone, even though my apps show my music and other files are still "there". The files show as empty. Where are they hiding? I know they are on my phone!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Files on phone memory not visible

Welcome to Android Central! Samsung is kind of notorious for SD issues. What size are they? I've read of issues with cards 64 GB and larger. See what happens if you use a 32 GB card or smaller.

Evelyn64

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Unfortunately, I was using a 32G card. But, issues with the card aside, I really want to know why my phone says all of my files are empty when the music and pictures, etc., are all available to me when I open my gallery, etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

When you say the files are empty, do you mean that the filenames are there, but the filesize is 0?

Evelyn64

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

The folders are there under "my files" (music, pictures, etc.) but there are no files in the folders. If I click on my "gallery" icon or "play music", all of my pictures and files are there as per normal.

When I access my phone while connected to my PC, I can see and access the picture files I added to my new memory card. But I can't access any of the music or pictures I had stored in my phone's memory. I haven't tried adding new files to my phone's memory to see if those would show up.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

The folders are there under "my files" (music, pictures, etc.) but there are no files in the folders. If I click on my "gallery" icon or "play music", all of my pictures and files are there as per normal.

When I access my phone while connected to my PC, I can see and access the picture files I added to my new memory card. But I can't access any of the music or pictures I had stored in my phone's memory. I haven't tried adding new files to my phone's memory to see if those would show up.
Sounds as if you are looking at the Internal SD card(phone memory) and the images are on the external SD card?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15