After a hard fall my screen is black but I can hear the phone functioning, is replacing the screen an option or do I need to get a whole new phone?

LeahPeeah

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Screen remains completely black but everything else works?

So the other day I was talking to a friend on my Samsung Galaxy S4 going downstairs to the basement, and my dog decided to run between my legs, accidentally tripping me. I was fine, caught myself in time; but my phone on the other hand? Not so much. I basically ended up accidentally chucking it hard into the wall as I first started falling. Now the screen is completely black permanently (despite the fact that it is obviously still on), the little blue light that blinks when I have messages still blinks, the buttons still work, I can still hear incoming calls and texts and even when I take the battery out to restart it I can hear the little restart noise. So I guess my question here is what exactly is wrong with my phone and is it fixable? I can't afford a replacement and would rather not lose all my contacts so I am really hoping it is haha :(

Sophiania

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Screen remains completely black but everything else works?

I am sorry for your S4. And the most sad point is the screen was broken when drop the phone, you need to replace a new LCD screen. As for contacts, replace screen will not clear any contacts, so you can take easy on this point.