OK Google voice detection and bluetooth headset cause phone not to work on Galaxy S4?

dwstix1

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
When I activate OK Google voice detection and have a bluetooth headset (Motorola Elite Flip or Blueant Q2) I can dial out and but I can never hear the ring or connection. The phone that I am calling rings and when answered there is silence.

Google setting for bluetooth are enabled.

Galaxy S4 software up to date 4.4.2 carrier ATT

Any ideas? Samsung support says it's a Google issue or bluetooth headset issue so I tried a different bluetooth. ATT support was no better suggested a factory reset.

kenboldt

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same problem, and have seen other threads around the web all describing the exact same problem. The only solution I have found is to turn off the OK Google voice detection from any screen. Once that option is unchecked, everything works as expected, but you lose the functionality of OK Google from any screen. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any other fix at the moment. You can still use OK Google, just not from any screen.

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a stock Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android version 4.4.4 install on AT&T network. When using my plantronics bluetooth headset with Ok Google detection set to activate from any screen I lose all phone audio over the headset after the first call (ie. the first call works fine but after that I cannot hear anything) Music audio works fine. If I deactive the detection from any screen and re-boot the phone I get the audio back. I tried the same headset on my son's new Galaxy note and it worked with no problem.
I've read several posts with similar problems but so far no solutions. Obviously, there is a conflict, probably with Ok Google and the headset both using bluetooth but so far I can find not information on resolving it.
Has anyone found a solution, otherthan not using Ok Google detection from any screen?
Thanks, JH

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet