How can I permanently delete specific Text/SMS messages on my Galaxy S4?

jameshal

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Permanently Deleting Specific Text/SMS Messages on Galaxy S4

Hey guys, I am really unfamiliar with all this tech malarky so please forgive me. I've never had to go to a forum to ask for this kind of thing but it's kind of important.

I have deleted some messages in the standard way.

I have since learned that there are ways to retrieve/recover those messages using snazzy apps etc.

I need to make sure the messages that I have deleted are PERMANENTLY deleted and can not be recovered - how do I do this?

I have considered going to the message settings and clearing the cache, but I don't know if this will delete all my other messages and look suspicious.

Discretion is key here folks. Can anyone please help or advise me?

Much appreciated

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Permanently Deleting Specific Text/SMS Messages on Galaxy S4

Hey guys, I am really unfamiliar with all this tech malarky so please forgive me. I've never had to go to a forum to ask for this kind of thing but it's kind of important.

I have since learned that there are ways to retrieve/recover those messages using snazzy apps etc.

I need to make sure the messages that I have deleted are PERMANENTLY deleted and can not be recovered - how do I do this?

I have considered going to the message settings and clearing the cache, but I don't know if this will delete all my other messages and look suspicious.

Much appreciated

The best way to completely wipe your Android device - CNET

jameshal

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

Hello Gekko, thank you so much for replying.

I appreciate your suggestion, however I do not want to wipe my whole phone.

I just want to make sure that specific text messages are in fact, completely deleted and are unable to be retrieved. It seems as though the link and program you suggested will delete all data in my phone.

Any suggestions?

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

They will most likely still be sitting on the ISP's servers in any case?

jameshal

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

Could you please elaborate Bosbouer? I haven't the faintest idea what you mean

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Could you please elaborate Bosbouer? I haven't the faintest idea what you mean

You send a message via your cellphone access provider. It goes through their servers to the recipient... It(the message{s}) is retained for a period of time set by the service provider.

jameshal

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

I see what you mean but I am trying to permanently delete messages that I have RECEIVED not sent.

This isn't an external issue, it is internal as in somewhere on my phone these seemingly deleted messages are saved in some sort of backup system. How do I get rid of those??

Anyone?

camjamm

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi, this is a pretty old post but I came across this myself. You need to go into settings<storage<then you need to find sd card and wipe it. Hope this helps man.

Tonita88

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site

Much appreciated