Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could help me, I've had my Samsung S4 mini for just under a year an within that time space it's wiped my SD card 3 times deleting some very important files. I managed to salvage some of the stuff on my laptop the last time but today it's done exactly the same thing again an completely wiped the card. It's a SanDisk 32GB card with plenty of room on it but now it's completely empty. I was having issues with the phone itself with storage so I transferred whatever I could over which worked just fine, it wasn't until today that I've tried to take a photo that it froze an restarted then came up with the error on SD card. The phone itself has been freezing quite regularly recently for no reason the software is upto date so I just can't understand this...someone please help. Thanks in advance.
    11-13-2014 12:29 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Has it happened 3 times with the same SD card? My guess is that the SD card is faulty and/or corrupt. You could try inserting the card into your computer and running chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html. A corrupt card can also impact the phone's performance. My suggestion would be to try a brand new card from a reputable seller (not a cheap deal from an independent seller on eBay).
    11-14-2014 01:07 AM
    Hi, I am having the same problem: my Galaxy s3 keeps wiping my sd.
    I have tried changing sd cards but it keeps happening even with a new one (that works on another phone).
    I have restored the phone to factory settings but it keeps happening.
    11-25-2014 04:42 PM