Gmail corporate email support

Tom Dauria

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
In the latest gmail update the capability to access corporate email was added. I was using mailwise and had the built in samsung email disabled. In the new version of gmail I am able to view my email, but my calendar and contacts will not sync. I see an error message "sync is currently experiencing problems". Is anyone else having this issue? I don't think it's related to the corporate exchange server because I have no issue with calendar or contacts using gmail on my nexus 7. Blessed stock android ftw

makarand14

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
In the latest gmail update the capability to access corporate email was added. I was using mailwise and had the built in samsung email disabled. In the new version of gmail I am able to view my email, but my calendar and contacts will not sync. I see an error message "sync is currently experiencing problems". Is anyone else having this issue? I don't think it's related to the corporate exchange server because I have no issue with calendar or contacts using gmail on my nexus 7. Blessed stock android ftw

I do. My Microsoft Live account doesn't sync Calendar and Contacts. It syncs only the 'birthday' calendar.
KitKat 4.4.4 was working fine, Lollipop is having some issues I guess. Also the calendar on my BlackBerry syncs without any hiccups, so its definitely not server side.

Post solution if you get any, I will too :)

- Nexus 7 (2013) on Stock Lollipop

makarand14

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
OK, here's what happened now, I use live . com and it supports exchange fully. I logged on to live on web, messed around my calendars (I use one calendar only) just disabled and re enabled them once and back on my tablet, the calendar started syncing.

Make a backup of your calendar before experimenting. Don't hold me responsible if you mess up

- Nexus 7 (2013) on Stock Lollipop

Tom Dauria

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I am pretty sure the problem I have is related to a conflict between the gmail exchange support which I installed through an .apk and the built in samsung exchange support. If I don't install the gmail exchange then I don't even have the option to add an exchange account. When I go into all apps I see exchange support there twice. I can't disable the samsung exchange (thanks samsung and thanks for all the bloatware I can't uninstall too!) so I can't be sure. I am hoping google will update the gmail app so that it will work with the built in samsung exchange support.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power