Update KitKat 4.4.4 Galaxy S4 AT&T

Marcome Yates

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I just did the AT&T update to KitKat 4.4.4 and wondered why the dialer didn't update. I have seen videos on YouTube where the S4 update had a new dialer. Anyone else have this issue or know how to update it?? Thanks in advance.

Marcome Yates

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I hate all the bloatware. Besides that, only other things I noticed were the clock in the upper right corner is bigger and the GPS icon changed on the drop down screen. I am guessing security patches and other fixes are there that I don't notice. Not sure about the battery life after update.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Email app is having issues. Got a couple of messages about the app stopping. Anyone notice anything that may have been broken with some of the "fixes"?

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

ManImBored

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
My email is broken too after the update. It crashes each time I try and load it. I'm going to have to add my Yahoo email to the new Gmail app just so I can check my email.

Cassandra Cromwell

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I updated it as well and absolutely HATE it!! It made it to where I can not send my emoji icons and my gmail seems to be having a problem...more than irritated. Where do we go to complain to google or samsung??

al9boo

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I noticed my battery life has gotten a whole lot better. I'm a truck driver so I use my phone for a lot of things like GPS printer music etc.... now I can go a lot long without an charge.

Posted via the Android Central App

N_Newell

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
After the update my email app keep crashing outright or takes a really long time to load. I work on the road and not being able to get my email is causing real problems. Anyone know a fix for this?

N_Newell

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, it took a little research but I found an answer on the email issue. You have to delete the existing email accounts and reinstall them. Once that is done, everything should be back to normal. The conflict has to do with the syncing of the accounts so by deleting the account, it removes the conflict.

Hope this helps.

Tim Salmen

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
My S4 updated this week and now my gps is acting up too. I keep getting this popup: "Failed to update My Location - no signal". This pops up just before my screen goes off so the screen never goes off unless I put it to sleep. Can't seem to find me on google maps when I want to navigate either.

yknot00

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
My battery is draining at an amazing rate. I checked to see if any particular app was misbehaving but pretty much everything was as it was before the upgrade. The screen uses the most and next the system and so as it was b4 yet I have to recharge this phone continuously and I am not using it anymore than B4. What is happening? Anyone know

Hollihan

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
To fix the emoji issue, go into your text settings and set input mode to Automatic. It fixed the issue for me.

I have another issue though. All of my games force close after two minutes. I can't get any games to play.

Any help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo