With previous S Health I could add workouts after I did them and put in my own workout methods that where not included in the app's workout list. Now with the new update, am I really only able to add the main workouts (running, hiking...) and am I supposed to carry my phone everywhere, even to fitness class to get my workouts saved by the app?! This is terrible and I want the old app back! Could I do that or am I missing something essential?
    11-18-2014 02:33 PM
    I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but when you go into the Exercise Mate you'll see a "+" next to the "Go to workout" button. If you press the + it will let you manual enter your workout info and create custom items.
    11-18-2014 06:45 PM
    I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but when you go into the Exercise Mate you'll see a "+" next to the "Go to workout" button. If you press the + it will let you manual enter your workout info and create custom items.
    That doesn't exist anymore. I'm also disappointed this was taken away. I don't know why they did that. I used that function almost every day.
    11-18-2014 06:51 PM
    I agree. I uninstalled the update but lost all of my historical data.
    11-18-2014 10:14 PM
    I can't believe I lost almost two years of data
    11-19-2014 01:16 PM
    I'm in same situation. Now the activities are limited to running, cycling, walking and hiking (wtf!), and there's no way to pull a workout later. I could go back version and try restore old version backup. Or find out another similar app. Anyone has some recommendation?
    11-21-2014 06:45 AM
    I can't believe I lost almost two years of data
    Ditto...not 2 years but about 9 months of data. Thanks Samsung (sarcasm)
    11-21-2014 08:45 AM
    This is a shockingly poor update with plenty of bugs. The problem is compounded by missing functionality that had made the previous versions such a success.

1. Exercise Activity tracker is missing so you can no longer add your own workouts or select from the drop down list of activities. How the hell are we supposed to accurately track our calorie burn????

2. Food tracker bug 1 - no longer possible to rapidly select meals from the previous days.

3. Food tracker bug 2 - we are now restricted to adding all meals of the same type to a single time of day! E.g
    you can't add multiple snacks in different day parts any more.

4. Food daily calorie count bug - The conversion of backed up data can't handle multiple meal type entries. E.g. If on a given day you had added 2 snacks in the old version, post update the daily calorie count summary will only add one of the snacks with the result being that the daily calorie total is incorrect. Now the only way to see your accurate historic totals is to switch to the log view.

This is the first Android app update that is significantly worse than the old version. I advise anyone who hasn't upgraded to steer clear of this version!

Samsung time to fire your app testers. ..and coders for that matter.....
    11-21-2014 04:28 PM
    Horrible update, I hope they bring back the ability to enter your own exercises

Also, is anyone else unable to sync the gear 2 data to the s health app?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-21-2014 06:28 PM
    Horrible update, I hope they bring back the ability to enter your own exercises

Also, is anyone else unable to sync the gear 2 data to the s health app?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-05-2014 03:02 AM
    I've just had to download another app called my fittness pal....As can't add my own exercise on s health any more. Shame as used it all the time!
    shoulden1 likes this.
    12-05-2014 03:04 AM
    I hate new version I want to go back to old one I don't need pass word to check how many steps I did lol
    shoulden1 likes this.
    01-02-2015 07:43 PM
    Yes - I have found S Health pretty unusable since the last update.

Things I don't like:
    • The app is very slow - takes an age to load. Even doing things like starting a new workout, pausing or stopping takes an eternity.
    • No way to turn off the password feature - the phone is already protected by a password so I don't see why this needs another one
    • Has problems keeping track of GPS. I have another GPS application that shows me satellite status etc - even though this app shows GPS is being received the S Health app still manages not to record any GPS data.

To be honest this app has turned into such a sluggish buggy heap of steaming ordure I'm calling it a day and trying something else.

Samsung - please either fix it or kill it!

H
    01-03-2015 01:25 PM
    Yes - I have found S Health pretty unusable since the last update.

Things I don't like:
    • The app is very slow - takes an age to load. Even doing things like starting a new workout, pausing or stopping takes an eternity.
    • No way to turn off the password feature - the phone is already protected by a password so I don't see why this needs another one
    • Has problems keeping track of GPS. I have another GPS application that shows me satellite status etc - even though this app shows GPS is being received the S Health app still manages not to record any GPS data.

To be honest this app has turned into such a sluggish buggy heap of steaming ordure I'm calling it a day and trying something else.

Samsung - please either fix it or kill it!

H
    Strange, the new version works flawless on my S4+. No hiccups and really fast and reliable!
    shoulden1 likes this.
    01-03-2015 07:16 PM
    OK, so it's not just me. I'm really PO'd too. On 1/1/15 I was able to enter my skiing activity. Updated to the new version and now can't find any of that. I guess on the upside, I don't have as much data to lose as everyone else. Sorry I'm not helping you any, Claudio. Hope we both get answers soon.
    01-06-2015 01:13 PM
    Can you tell us how you uninstalled the update? I would like to do that also. Fortunately I won't be losing too much historical data.
    01-06-2015 01:17 PM
    I'm not sure if it's how anybody else did it, but if you go into Settings, Application Manager, and All Applications, you can click on "S Health" and "restore to factory" something or other.

I lost all data after October '14, but I have the actually useful activity tracker back! I updated it yesterday, and was horrified to find that the new pedometer was not only missing steps (the thing that made me love the old version), but they removed the sensing for upstairs/downstairs.
    Patsyfras likes this.
    03-05-2015 09:09 PM
    With previous S Health I could add workouts after I did them and put in my own workout methods that where not included in the app's workout list. Now with the new update, am I really only able to add the main workouts (running, hiking...) and am I supposed to carry my phone everywhere, even to fitness class to get my workouts saved by the app?! This is terrible and I want the old app back! Could I do that or am I missing something essential?
    07-30-2015 09:28 PM
    I'm not sure if it's how anybody else did it, but if you go into Settings, Application Manager, and All Applications, you can click on "S Health" and "restore to factory" something or other.

I lost all data after October '14, but I have the actually useful activity tracker back! I updated it yesterday, and was horrified to find that the new pedometer was not only missing steps (the thing that made me love the old version), but they removed the sensing for upstairs/downstairs.
    Thanks for the tip ... BTW, it's the button called "Uninstall Updates" that will reset the app to factory.

Sure, I've lost my old data, but like you I am willing to give that up for a useful, user friendly version. I have been hating the "updated" version so much that I actually stopped using it for anything other than step counting. Of what use is an update if your users stop using your app ... ??
    08-17-2015 08:11 PM