I was an existing Verizon customer no longer under contract, and although I had their unlimited data plan (still), I had an OLD smartphone - an iPhone 4. No 4G, a small screen, and a host of other unlikable things. I had recently talked to Verizon and they told me that I qualified for their 6G/mo. data plan for what I was paying for my unlimited data - $30/mo. The Verizon stores were also offering (until the end of November) a FREE Galaxy S4 with a new 2-year contract. So, I was able to get a free S4 with 6G of data for what I'm paying now. I only had to pay the $30 upgrade fee, which I understand is normal with any upgrade with carriers.

I don't know if any of you have Verizon's unlimited data plan, but if you do and you can't pay full price for a new smartphone, you should check out this deal. However, DON'T talk to the national reps on the toll-free number. I got the run-around big-time from them, and they constantly are contradicting other reps and even themselves. Deal directly with your local Verizon store.
    11-20-2014 10:44 PM