I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini and I have had it since about May. The phone over heats like crazy to where if feels like I am picking up a hot pan... Sometimes I have it laying on my bed when I am getting ready to go to sleep and it begins to over heat... even when I haven't been using it. I have sprint and have replaced the phone once with them due to technical issues. The battery dies so fast and sometimes takes a long time. When I have the phone in my phone, for example when I am at school I feel like it is burning my leg and I have scars from the burns. I don't know the recalls or how to go about fixing the problem. Sometimes the phone just completely turns off and won't come back on until the phone is cooled done. I don't know what do or how to approach getting the things done. If anyone can please help me I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks, Christy
    11-24-2014 10:27 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! So was the original phone that you replaced also giving you problem with overheating? Or were those technical problems different?

Two common causes for overheating are:

1. A defective battery. Take the battery out, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a bad sign. But even if it isn't bulging, it's worth trying a new or different battery.

2. A corrupt SD card. If a file is corrupt, the system's media scanner might get hung up on the corrupt file, causing the system to work overtime and lead to overheating. Unmount the SD card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and reboot. See if the overheating persists even with the SD card out.
    11-24-2014 11:43 PM