After using my phone for a while, it will just randomly crash and reboot, often several times. Most of the time after this, the sound wont work and apps that require sound will crash, or cause the whole phone to crash. Also, apps just crash all the time whether they use sound or not. After restarting several times, the phone sound will usually start working and it will stop crashing, but it isn't long before it does again. Also the times that it starts up with no sound, I have no data connection, making me think it is a problem with the SIM Card, but I don't know how this would affect sound. What is going on???

Things I have tried:
    > Soft Reset - Tried several times, sometimes made it restart correctly, but didn't fix permanently.
    > Wipe cache partition - Done countless times, sometimes fixed it temporarily.
    > Restore to Factory Settings - Worked perfectly for a little while, then started crashing again.

At this point it seems like it must either be an app I have installed, a hardware problem, or my SIM card but I have no idea!! Please help!!!
    12-01-2014 11:09 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It may very well be a major hardware problem. But check on these issues first:

1. Do you have an SD card inserted? A corrupt file on the card can cause various issues. Try unmounting the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and reboot. Use the phone for a while without a card and see if the problem recurs.

2. Boot into Safe Mode, to see if the instability is due to some app you installed. Safe Mode prevents all 3rd party apps from starting up. Restart the Device in Safe Mode Samsung Galaxy S 4 | Verizon Wireless
    12-01-2014 04:30 PM
    I'm having the same issue. No audio works, and neither does my camera. Any app that uses the audio crashes when I try to use it.

I booted in safemode and everything works fine. When I boot in regular mode, how do I pinpoint which app is causing everything to go to crap? Any other solutions?

Thanks!
    07-12-2015 05:37 PM