Hello,

So this problem started suddenly a few weeks ago. Any thing I download(pictures, music, videos) off the internet, using any browser, they dont show up in the gallery, music player or Videos gallery. If I look for them in "My Files" or "Downloads" there are there. The only way my music shows up is if I transfer it to my SD card. Its only downloaded files though. If I take a picture it appears.
    Please help with this issue.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4
    12-01-2014 05:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Using your MyFiles app (or any other file manager app), go to the Download folder and make sure there isn't a file called ".nomedia" there. A file like that instructs the system's media scanner to ignore the folder when looking for new media files to add to the gallery or music list.
    12-04-2014 02:36 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Using your MyFiles app (or any other file manager app), go to the Download folder and make sure there isn't a file called ".nomedia" there. A file like that instructs the system's media scanner to ignore the folder when looking for new media files to add to the gallery or music list.
    Hey..
    My downloaded songs nd pictures are showing up in the my files but not in the gallery or music application.. i have gone through my files and there is no .nomedia file.. i hav scaned my phone with kaspersky and also and i have found no issues der too.. i had cleared all the caches also from settings. Still the problem is not resolved yet. Plz Help me..

I own Samsung s7 edge
    12-29-2016 02:18 PM
    My Files is a file manager, not a location. What directory are the songs and pictures located in? When you're using My Files, there should be a way to see what directory a file is located in.
    12-29-2016 08:14 PM