Unknown Icon In Top Bar?

KleShreen

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello All -

I recently encountered a new icon in the top bar of my Galaxy S4 (Verizon) and was hoping you could help. I have consulted many of the different "icon gallery" type pages online and haven't come across it yet, and I can't currently find my user's manual to consult that, so I come to you all!

It only recently started happening at a certain spot inside the new building I am working in. You can view it in the screen shot below that I took. It is between the "3G" and signal strength bars. It kind of looks like a wifi icon with a house underneath it. I assumed it was a roaming icon, but from what I understand, my phone can not go in to a roaming area within the state of Michigan with my service.

Thanks in advance for any help if you can tell me what it is!

B3yN1yLIIAAYO1u.jpg

bluedragon1971

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Could this indicate a connection to a femtocell? I think that is what they are called. It is a device that can be used in weak or no signal areas to allow cell phones to make calls using the internet.

I checked my manual and this symbol is not listed there either. My manual was written for Jellybean, this may be something that was changed with KitKat. I have a Verizon S4 as well, and I have never seen it on mine.
Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463